“Great place to stay, in the center of the city!”

B & B Gite Couette et Chocolat Inc.
Ranked #46 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Great place to stay! Easy access from the airport (it's one bus which brings you 2 minutes walking from the B&B). Eric & Daisy are charming! They have been running the place for the past 7 years, which is great when you visit Montréal for the first time! They know the city by heart, and being French, they know what is interesting to see for a "stranger"!
We had the room on the first floor: big room,very clean and confortable to sleep in and the noise is not bad at all.
Eric will prepare great breakfast in the morning, with always a touch of chocolate on it! Breakfast will easily keep you going till noon!
I also appreciated the fact that, once booked, you receive a mail of indication, how to get there, the explanation of the taxes (in Europe all is included, so you're not aware of the tax system in Canada).
The location is center of city, so everything is walking distance and the subway is just 3 minutes away, so I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2013

tucked away near Chinatown, this place is the ideal location if you're going to the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for the Montreal Grand Prix. Eric and Daisy are delightful hosts, the rooms are cozy and comfortable, and it is near the metro AND some great Chinese restaurants. We were there last year, we are going this year, and most probably for years to come.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colette D
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The location is realy good, near rail station, old city and Chinatown, The room is very lovely and comfortable, Hosts are very wellcoming and friendly, The breakfast is very good and beautiful.It is a good place to stay when you visit Montreal.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This place was a really calming and relaxing place to be. The ambiance was so warm and cozy, we forgot that we were in the middle of the city! The Chinatown was just around the corner with its boutiques and restaurants. The hosts were friendly and the breakfast was delicious. The price was very very good and the service excellent. I would definitely come back again and I recommend it strongly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the B&B for an audition at McGill University nearby. I was greeted by two very welcoming hosts. They made my stay very comforting. The atmosphere of the place is warm and friendly. The decoration of the house is very homey, and my overall stay was great. The food, French toast sprinkle with icing sugar and fresh fruit, fresh brewed and freshly ground coffee, also tasted delicious. I would definitely come back here again if I ever need a place to stay in Montreal.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My visit started with the taxi driver warning me that it was not a safe area to stay. I did not find it unsafe but would not have wandered far on my own at night in some directions. China Town was around the corner and provided many alternatives for dinner and Old Montreal was not too far away (about 20 minute walk). My room had a dated and noisy air conditioner which I needed to use as I was in the top level of 3 and the natural ventilation was not fantastic. Daisy was very welcoming and provided some interesting breakfast options which I enjoyed. Eric on the other hand decided that as I didn't speak French I wasn't worth acknowledging. I understand he didn't speak English but an 'au revoir' wouldn't have hurt him too much.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Debbie_in_Sydney
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at Couette et Chocolat on New Year's Eve and it was a perfect stay. The breakfast was the most unique and delicious I've ever had at a B&B. Really wonderful. The room was cute and private and clean and comfortable. The location was fantastic -- on a quiet street but near Chinatown and Old Montreal! Daisy and Eric were very hospitable -- responsive to emails before we traveled and very nice when we checked in. The price was very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it strongly.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple