“Great tour”

Ranked #1 of 412 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Montreal's oldest Catholic church, built in 1656, is known for its intricately designed interior, which includes stained glass chronicling the history of the city.
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The tour was excellent. Good value. We went back in the afternoon to hear music The history of this church is amazing

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Stuttgart, Germany
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“What a church - GO INSIDE!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have seen many churches and I have to say this one didn‘t impress me too much from the outside. It looks impressive and huge don‘t get me wrong but I like churches with more love to detail...BUT, and here is where the story turns, we did spend the 5 dollars to go inside and yes it was worth it I would say. The church is stunning. Blue and gold are the two main colours of the design inside (View the pictures I uploaded). What I missed to see on the outside of the church was definitely overdone on the inside. I love when there is just so much to look at.
Even though I am not very religious I still had a great time enjoying the designs and architecture.

1 Thank Isabel S
Long Island, NY
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Sure was beautiful but...”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Was across from our hotel so we visited. Was beautiful as you'd expect a cathedral of this scale to be. Is about a ten minute interior walk-around to absurd all the history and architecture. Wouldn't go out of your way to see it.

2 Thank Howard691
Adelaide, Australia
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A absolutely beautiful spectacle with the lovely blue lighting at the altar. The small fee for visiting is for the restoration and was gladly paid.

Hackensack, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“a must see in montreal”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

this church is a must see in montreal. this is a beautiful sight, and it is free, unless you want to go in the museum. we didn't because it was raining and we were running back to our hotel. that whole neighborhood is really cool, right outside the basilica. i't like being in either france or italy.

Visited July 2014