“Poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #85 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I liked the location of this hotel, since it's downtown there's great night life and a variety of different stores on st catherine street. The outdoor pool is also nice. I can't comment on the food because we didn't eat in their restaurant, however, I can say that the customer service is subpar. We arrived an hour before check-in and while we waited in the lobby, there were kids running around, yelling, and climbing on furniture while their parents, who I'm assuming were inebriated (due to the strong scent of alcohol), sat around making just as much noise. It felt like we were in a zoo, but the receptionists didn't seem to care. In addition, two of the receptionists had no idea what time their pool closed at. They didn't even offer to find out from someone else I had to get them to ask... On top of that, we asked for more towels but never received any, and after requesting a later check-out, the receptionist said he would make a note of it, but I'm assuming he never did since someone called us the next day saying we were supposed to check-out at 12. One of the room keys they gave us weren't activated either. They just aren't on top of their game.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ejaq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Pulling up to the hotel, there were a bunch of low lives hanging out in front of the hotel which made us feel unsafe. The door to our room took superhuman strength to shut properly which made me worry half the time that it was not locked.
The biggest problem is that the staff don't care for your safety or comfort: there were drunks in the hallway yelling intermittently for over two hours from 1 to 3 am and despite phone calls to the desk, nothing was done about it. When confronted in the morning, the desk clerk only offered to have the hotel manager call me, which he never did.
The room itself was fine except for:
the ginormous AC unit sitting in the middle of the windows blocking the view,
the non functioning outlets which made it practically impossible to charge any devices,
and the uneven hardwood floors,
The breakfast buffet is worse than bad- don't even think about it. And if you book online, they try to get you to prepay for breakfast at a higher rate than they charge in person!?
If you are on a budget and need a place to stay that is not a flea bag, then stay here. If you can afford it, go anywhere else.
The WIFI was good!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DirtyMartiniShaken

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Sete Lagoas, MG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I went to Montreal for a short period, then I stayed there for just one night.

I wouldn't stay there much time. This hotel is a pass hotel. I didn't like the bedroom, breakfast and there were some people fighting and screaming in the corredor. We ask the porter to solve the problem, calling the police, but nothing happened.

Last, but not least, in the bedroom, the fridge and the Air conditioner had noises.

Maybe a punctual problem, but I didn't like it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for Montreal Jazz festival. The hotel itself was ok. The rooms were clean. Though there website states that all rooms have a computer mine did not have one (I had my laptop so it was not a big deal). My room also did not have a microwave as my friend's room had. The hotel looks quite drab from the outside and can use a face lift. The pool at the hotel was surprisingly very clean and well maintained. My biggest problem with the hotel is that they still have not taken the hold off my credit card for one of the rooms I rented. I checked out 9 days ago. I rented two rooms and used two different cards for the security. One was credited and the other was not. I contacted the hotel through the website-no response. I then emailed the finance and hotel managers -again without a response. This hotel scores a ZERO for customer service. In the very least they could have at least acknowledged my inquiry. For this reason I could not recommend this hotel and would NEVER stay there again. I make a trip to Montreal every year. I will avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nicholas D
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel can be very noisy if you get the wrong room. We got an outdated room with the best freakin mattress ever! It was a corner unit away from the hallway. It really worked for us. Look past the all the stuff around you and just check in and get inside your room.Once inside you need to get the hell out and enjoy the city. This is a reasonable hotel at reasonable prices. Staff is very good and friendly. They love to talk so ask them a question.

Room Tip: Try to get the corner units. Make sure you ask for a floor that has no kids and or groups on the flo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed here overnight and thought it was a great hotel and good value for money as we got it on Hotwire for only $85AUD. The man that checked us in was really friendly and you also receive a free coffee on check-in which was very much needed! Our room was very spacious, modern and clean. The only problem was that our toilet was running, we went downstairs to notify the concierge and he straight away called someone to come fix it and it was done by the time we returned to the hotel about 2hrs later. The hotel is in an excellent location and within one block of restaurants and the main shopping street. All in all a very comfortable stay and we left happy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends