“Good hotel for short stay”

Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport
Ranked #73 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Scarborough, ON
“Good hotel for short stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location and first look was less than exciting. However, this motel is designed with the business traveler in mind who has a plane to catch the next morning. The rooms are a bit dated (but looked clean) and could do with some brightness (in paint / carpets / counter tops). The ladies at the reception were very helpful. The wi-fi wasn't connecting (and that was a problem pretty much everyone was facing) and she put me through the tech support who got it resolved. The receptionist at night helped me with some condiments from the attached restaurant that I needed after I got a pizza delivered. Overall, they were quite sweet and accommodating. By the way, the city is Saint-Laurent, where the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport is and about 12-15 mins away from Montreal. For the weekend I was visiting, this place had the best rate, that's why I selected it. No problem finding the hotel with the GPS. Otherwise QC roads are sometimes a bit difficult to find on English GPS's.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms. The windows face the back of the hotel where the parking lot is always empty...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Customer

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

My best regards,

Lyne Malenfant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monroe
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We loved this hotel, although it was very difficult for us to find it without a GPS. It was nice, clean, with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience. . We are happy that you enjoy your stayed with us. We will look to all you comments and will continue to work to improve all our services.

We wish you a very nice day!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

It was a very clean hotel, and the rooms were nice. The price was very good, especially with the book in advance savings. Didn't have a pool unfortunately which was a downer. Staff were pretty friendly except for one of the receptionists. They let us check in a couple hours earlier which was really nice especially since one of the people staying over was not feeling well. The beds were very hard but I was tired so I fell asleep anyways. The cable, AC and fridge availability were useful. Free wifi was nice to have even though it wasn't that fast. The food was way too pricey. The location is kind of confusing even though it is right next to the highway. It is a 5 minute drive from the Plaza Cote-Vertu, which was nice. Even though I didn't need to go to the airport, there was a shuttle service which would come in handy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stayed with us. I will try to look which room you had because the hard bed is due that one emplyee flip the mattress on the wrong side and the padding is not on the good side. I will look to make sure that issue is resolve in all the rooms.

Thank you for letting us. We hope to welcome you back again.

I wish you a good day!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I prepaid for the room after verifying on hotel's website that there was airport transportation to and from the hotel. When I arrived at the airport, there was a sign in the baggage area which listed Days Inn and other hotels with the number to call. I was informed that the bus had been cancelled all day. I had prepaid for the room so I did not have a choice. When I arrived after my $25 cab ride, I was told that there was a van to airport scheduled for 10:00 am the next day. The next morning the woman at the reception said there was in fact no bus scheduled. I paid $20 to get back to the airport. I should have stayed at a more expensive hotel closer to the airport. This is not just poor service, this is unethical and false advertising. If you are flying in beware of taxi costs. If you are sensitive to smoke, be aware that the entrance to the hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. I will never stay in a Days Inn property again.

Mary Anne F booked on Priceline for stay on 07/05/2014

Room Tip: Not able to advise as I only stayed one night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We do offer shuttle service from May to September to the Park and Fly package only. There is only a few hours per day that the shuttle is available. We are sorry that you did not receive the good information and all the expense you had to paid.

We do apologize for all the inconvenience.

My best regards,

Lyne Malenfant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport