“Average to Poor: Has potential but needs work.”

All Suites Majestique Downtown
Ranked #116 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Average to Poor: Has potential but needs work.”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I'm torn between rating this as "average" or "poor". Here is the average: Hotel is centrally located in downtown Montreal - steps from shopping, Old Montreal, and Jazz Fest (which was on during our stay). Hotel unit was spacious and included separate kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom - there was no proper desk in the unit so if you want to do work, you're either sitting on an uncomfortable couch or upright in bed - not ideal. Kitchen was fine but needed more equipment to be functional (had 2 very small saucepans and one small frying pan, a couple sets of cutlery, 4 full size plates, no dish washing soap, etc). We stayed above the pizza parlour downstairs and you could certainly smell that in the unit; we did not have a problem with noise. The unit was cleaned three times during our five night stay - did a reasonable job though there was definitely dust oin the baseboards (I'm obnoxiously clean so take that for what you will). WiFi was free, but was sort of slow and you could only use one computer on the network at a time.

The "poor": there was no 24 hour concerige, just a phone number posted in the entranceway (the door to the hotel was locked). This was problematic for several reasons: there is no one there willing to accept your bags if you arrive before check in time, which means you have to keep your bags with you while you walk around town. Moreover, there is no one readily available if there is a problem - during our stay our room key de-magnetized. I called the number posted but there was no answer. Now, to be fair, they called me back within 20 minutes and were quite helpful. It's just during that 20 minutes, I was a little concerned: how long would I be locked out for? was this actually a legitimate operation, i.e. did they take off with my things? Another problem we encountered that could have been avoided with a 24 hour conceirge is that it was difficult to get an extra copy of the hotel receipt - had there been a proper front desk, this could have been provided fairly easily during our stay - no hassle. Unfortunately, I've tried to contact the hotel three times now (it's been 96 hours) and I still have not heard anything. This is a poor reflection of their customer service, in my opinion. My last "poor" point is that the bath and hand towels had an unusual smell, reminded me of formaldehyde and smoke.

All that said, the contact person in the hotel was very nice and helpful whenever we got in touch with him, not sure if this is the same person I've been trying to call for the past 96 hours, but I'm fairly certain it's not.

There you have it. I think this hotel was some hotel - just needs a little bit of work.

Room Tip: Room 21 was above a pizza parlour- smelled.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mackers_TO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Travellers also viewed these Montreal hotels
Hotel Casa Bella
Courtyard Montreal Downtown
Courtyard Montreal Downtown
#22 of 165 in Montreal
Hotel Quartier des Spectacles

Been to All Suites Majestique Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about All Suites Majestique Downtown

Property: All Suites Majestique Downtown
Address: 366-368 rue Sherbrook West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1B2, Canada (Formerly Majestique Hotel-Suites Downtown Montreal)
Region: Canada > Quebec > Montreal > Quartier des Spectacles , Ville-Marie
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #116 of 146 B&Bs / Inns in Montreal
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — All Suites Majestique Downtown 2.5*
Book a suite not a room! Le all-Suites Majestique, downtown Montreal City is a contemporary, intimate and cosmopolitan hotel in the very heart of the city. Featuring 27 deluxe rooms and suites with custom designed furniture and state of the art amenities. Majestique Suites Montreal offers boutique hotel intimacy with apartment size rooms. All rooms include: •Customized Bed with Luxurious Duvet •Desk and Aeron chairs •Hi-Speed Internet Access Enjoy the finest in Montreal hotel accommodations, centrally located just steps away from all major Montreal City tourist attractions. Our accommodations are designed based on the European architect Robert Krief Wright's concepts. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your All Suites Majestique Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Majestique Hotel-Suites Downtown Montreal Hotel Montreal