“spacious and nice for longer stays”

All Suites Majestique Downtown
Ranked #119 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay and would probably stay at this place again. I am not comfortable speaking French, so I appreciated that the guy who checked me in switched to English for me. And unlike according to other reviewer's experience, his English was fine. There is no elevator, but he carried my luggage up to my room, which was actually a small apartment.

This seems to be a family-run business with about 20 rooms/apartments, so naturally they don't have somebody sitting the front desk 24/7. Calling the number they provide got me an immediate response, however.
Wireless internet worked great. The rooms seemed recently renovated, with modern furniture, TV, AC, etc. The kitchen was better equipped than my own place: full size fridge, stove with oven, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker, all seem very new. All this comes with pots, pans and dinner ware, so if you want to fix your own breakfast or a quick plate of pasta, you can easily do that.

The apartment was very clean (the fact that it's all hardwood floors helps, no dingy carpets!). The bathroom seemed a little older (renovated 5-10 years ago, I would estimate?), and yes, the water pressure was not too great.

Room Tip: If you can, request a room at the back of the building, the street in front is very noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CityHopper444

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed at this place the weekend of June 7-9. Had to wait outside for 10 minutes before somebody finally showed up to let us in. The guy didnt speak english very good which is ok considering it is a french city. Anyhow went to the room which was nicely done but it had a funky smell in it. The bathroom wasnt cleaned.

What can you do accomadations were hard to come by that weekend because of the Grand Prix. But here is the best part , me and my gf both left a article of clothing in the closet on our rush to the airport monday morning , one of which was a lou lou lemon hoodie and black button up lacoste shirt. Do you think we got a call saying we left it there. NO . It was our fault we left it there but my lacoste shirt is gone and my gf`s lou lou lemon is supposed to be shipped to us . That was a month ago. Piss poor business. I don`t know who runs this place but I hope someone reading this review will make them cancel their reservations,

Room Tip: Don`t go in any of them. Lock up your goods if you do.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joe f
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The apartments themselves are in decent shape, but if anything goes wrong which it may (such as a broken toilet, not enough towels), there is nobody at the desk 90% of the time. The rare chance someone is at the desk, they don't speak ENGLISH or FRENCH very well and are hard to communicate with. This place is not always considered a hotel for the purposes of customs either so keep that in mind.

Room Tip: There are no tips, but be advised some rooms may have things missing or broken so if there is someon...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We spent there 6 nights - booked two suites for 4 people. I read reviews before booking and had no unexpected surprises. This is a small hotel. Clean suites. Shower is water save - no big pressure. Building is over 100 years old. No elevator. At our arrival door was open and we were welcome. Checkout is very easy - leave keys on the table and close the door.Keep keys always with you during staying - door locks itself. Grocery store is very close. Public parking is around the corner for twenty per night in underground garage. A lot of noise from the street. Bring your own coffee. There were coffee filters.

Room Tip: PH6 is very good suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Usually, I can overlook minor issues for a good location and comfortable bed; this hotel has both. However, the other issues can't be overlooked. I booked for 3 people and asked for a cot when I confirmed 24 hrs prior; though the website says they have cots, they don't. This meant my 80 year old mother had to sleep on a leather klik klak sofa--there is no sofa bed. Amenities provided for this sofa bed included two flat sheets, one blanket and one small 12" square pillow sans pillowcase. When I asked for a more comfortable sofabed for her I was told the one room with one available had TV not working. Since we were there for three days, felt TV was important so suffered through (my dh slept on klik klak). Also, we were given only two towels for the three of us. There are no reading lamps in the bedroom just the overhead ceiling light; one floor lamp where sofa is, so forget about reading in bed. Cleanliness is borderline--I was walking in bare feet, got piece of glass in my foot and found straw, coins and empty water bottle when putting klik klak down for the nite. Since there is no lobby, difficult to complain about issues as they arise. Also, no blowdryer and bathroom has no area to put stuff down: pedestal sink and slippy curved toilet top. This place feels like someone forgot to complete the furnishings, Also, VERY noisy as it fronts on Sherbrooke St and has old, leaky windows--also is over a bar so you get "serenaded" to sleep every nite. I would try elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The desk was unattended and we had to call someone to let us in. When we did get into our "suite" we discovered holes in the wall, wires handing down and only a very low table and couch. However the shocker was the bathroom: the floor was sticky (!) and had long black hairs on it. There was no toilet roll holder so the toilet paper was on the dirty floor, and the "clean" towels were draped over the toilet seat. There were dead bugs in the bath and bugs in the bedroom. When we tried to sleep we discovered that there was no blind on the window, just a flimsy curtain, and the street light shone directly into the bedroom all night. The walls are so thin that we could hear the conversations that went on all night in the apartment next to us. There were no washers in the shower and thesoap broke into small pieces afterjust one shower. Result - no sleep and an early evacuation into the lovely hotel next door.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diana H
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We booked through Priceline, so we didn't know what we were getting until it was booked. Unfortunately we ended up with the Majestique/Majestic, which is not actually a hotel. It's an apartment building with certain units rented to tourists. There's no front desk, lobby, or concierge; you need to call a number listed on the front door, and a guy comes down from his apartment to walk you to your room. The stairs and hallways were run-down; part of the staircase was under renovation and completely torn up. The room itself was in decent shape - it has a full kitchen, a living room with TV and sofa, and a separate bedroom with extra blankets (no TV in the bedroom). Minor frustrations with the room were that it wasn't very clean, and the shower water pressure was really low. But the real downside of this particular room (likely why it's rented out as a "hotel" room rather than apartment) is that it's directly facing the intersection of Sherbrooke and Park, and EXTREMELY noisy almost the entire night. Bus stop out front, people yelling/fighting, restaurants under the room, car horns honking all the time, etc. We previously lived in downtown Montreal for 7 years, and have stayed in other noisy cities like NYC and SF, and this was by far the noisiest place we've stayed.

Room Tip: If you get stuck with this hotel, don't stay in any rooms overlooking Sherbrooke Avenue.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business