“Great trip experience”

Ranked #57 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Vancouver, Canada
“Great trip experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for about three weeks. The experience was nice. The room was amazing. The staff were very welcoming, Raluca deserves 5 stars for costumer service, very professional, helpful, sweet and warm attitude.

I will definetly go back to Hotel Chez Swann

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was actually a little reluctant to go to such hotel, far from the usual classical ones (Sheraton, Best Western, Marriott etc..) in terms of design. But after 1 night spent there, I'm happy I tried it: it's so different to be in a room you won't fins anywhere else. Too bad I was travelling by myself, I'm sure my spouse would have loved it: the romantic touch, the "je ne sais quoi" that makes it better... I would come back if I can.
Pros: very good location, different, clean, service, excellent restaurant "le chat penche" connected to the lobby, double shower
Cons: skylights in my bedroom, bed and pillows not so good

Room Tip: My room on the 3rd floor had skylights.. Ok with me as I had to wake up early, but ask to avoid such...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here almost two weeks for a mix of a business & personal trip...

The pro's

- Exceptional customer service
- Front-desk went to get a dog in a room because it kept on barking
- The look & feel of the rooms
- In the heart of Montreal nightlife and next to the mountain
- Starbucks is 30 seconds away

The only con
- You need an eye patch if you want to sleep in the morning because the rooms on the 3rd floor all have sky windows

Would I stay here again... most probably

Room Tip: Room 311 is perfect for non-existent noise !!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The Hotel Chez Swann is sexy. It's also very stylish. After that, it's a small, well located boutique hotel with minimal services. I would recommend it for a romantic evening away, but not much else.

Pros:
-sexy, stylish, gorgeous rooms
-great downtown location a few steps from Peel metro
-good wifi
-comfy bed

Cons:
-spotty service : awkwardly polite at the best of times and borderline shifty at the worst
-my room had no actual windows save a skylight and windows to an interior light well
-the hvac wasn't great. By running the ac 2 whole days I managed to get the temp down 3 degrees. This made for a stuffy room
-there was no way to block out the light from the skylight. A bit harsh when looking for a lazy morning
-the included breakfast was very basic for being served in such a presumably nice restaurant. Those who need protein or avoid gluten and dairy will need to go elsewhere.

I wouldn't stay again. It wasn't awful, but I could have done much better at the price point.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick_and_Michael
Toronto
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a nice stay here in early February. Location was convenient to downtown shops and restaurants.

We enjoyed our room on our second night, but that was only after being moved; on our first night, the first room we were assigned to seemed a bit odd - there was a massive sheet/drape covering the bed and headboard when we arrived, which seemed suspicious. In addition to that, the phone wasn't working and the toilet wasn't flushing properly. So we asked for a new room, and were given one right away - however, the new room was significantly smaller than the first, and quite cramped. It also had a bit of a sewage smell in the bathroom (perhaps Montreal water issues?). In any case, the next morning, when we mentioned that, we were quickly upgraded to a bigger and better room. I think the issue on the first night, was that the night staff on duty was new; had we taken up the initial issue with the day staff, I think we would have been upgraded on the first issue. Regardless, the final room was clean, spacious, and airy feeling, so we were quite content. The day staff made a point of reaching out to us and trying to make our stay satisfactory.

One other issue - parking. The only parking lot is down the street, and there is construction going on right next door to the hotel, which sometimes blocks off the street in front of the hotel. So it can be tricky to pull the car up out front, and then the walk to the car feels long in cold weather.

Nice hotel with a cool vibe. Stay here if you're looking for something "sexy" but not necessarily for the amenities of a regular hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window to outside (a few rooms just face into to the atrium/lobby)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emmdeeToronto
Montreal
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just spent one night in their Mondaine suite for Valentine's day.
Super nice and competent staff, thank you again with everything.
Nice touch with the décor of the lobby and in the suite. The double shower was awesome although we never figure out how to adjuste the water temperature but it was just right anyway. The restaurant was fine! I walked by it a million times and never tired it but we'll be back. My filet mignon was just amazing...
We're from Montreal but we felt we were in Paris for one night. Except maybe for the snow plowing session during our sleeping nigh that was a bit disturbing...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trek52
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at Hotel Chez Swann in April 2013 for one night. We travelled to Montreal to see a concert and it was our first getaway as a couple. The hotel was beautiful and our room was perfect. The shower was amazing with several shower heads at different angles. The hotel is walking distance to the Bell Centre and train station - a huge plus! We enjoyed the romantic atmosphere at the hotel. The attention to detail in the décor is incredible! The hotel is also adjacent to Le Pois Penche, a breakfast/brunch restaurant where we enjoyed breakfast before our departure. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple