“So Charming...”

Ranked #82 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
St. Petersburg, Florida
“So Charming...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was nervous about this reservation. When I arrived, it is up a steep flight of stairs, no elevator and I had a large piece of luggage; then I was surprised... The staff is so nice and helpful. This hotel is spotless and has a charm with the accommodations. The location is central to all parts of Montreal and travel hubs. Restaurants are abundant and diverse. You can walk safely anywhere. My room had a kitchenette which I recommend. You may want to stay a bit longer after you are comfortable in your room...it's easy to feel this way. Everyone makes you feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Be honest with the staff when you make your reservation. They know what types of activities are happ...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Being on the second floor of a historic building, we realized that the main stairwell can appear daunting. I am pleased, however, that you quickly felt at home in our establishment and that our staff, in part made your trip to Montreal a memorable one. Our housekeeping staff prides themselves in their work and I will certainly pass your kind words regarding your spotless accommodations. Thanks for taking the time for writing a review for Tripadvisor and for your great recommendation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Martintown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Another Dealfind opportunity came up for us in Montreal at Hotel Quartier Spectacles and we jumped on it. This was a return visit. We were in Montreal for the Scottie's Curling event, and the hotel was a quick one minute walk to the Metro. Actually, the hotel is a reasonable walk to many shopping and dining areas....lots to choose from. The front desk staff was exceptional, very professional and helpful. Our room, in the newly renovated section of the hotel,was cosy, warm and comfortable. The hotel was located on St Catherine's Street, a main thoroughfare, with all of it's "Joie de Vivre" A few questionable shops were around us, but we never felt any adversity.

Great deal, lovely people....we give this hotel a buy!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room on the second floor. It has some brick walls in it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you appreciated our prime location, our cosy, warm and comfortable renovated rooms, as well as our helpful and professional staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here over the Easter Weekend of 2013 and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

I had purchased a deal on Teambuy last year since the deal was really good *$59 per night for the Superior room.

At first I was quite skeptical about staying at this hotel and was doubting the quality since I know it's right in the heart of the Montreal downtown aka the party district. However, upon arriving, after going up a flight of stairs (only downside in my opinion, no elevator) I instantly changed my mind. It was clean, tidy and cozy. Front desk staff was extremely amicable and helpful. Just like when I made the reservation over the phone. The lady over the phone had kindly reserved the quiet room for me and when I arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon to check in, I was more than happy to find out that they have upgraded me to a 2 queen-bed room right at the very end of the corner corridor instead of the 1-bed queen Superior room that came with the deal. Since my room was right at the corner, I barely heard any noises throughout my entire stay.

The bed was firm, just the way I like it. Sheets are clean and soft. Very decent sized dresser to hang your coats or delicate clothing. The bathroom was newly renovated. It looked very modern. Has some gray ceramic tiles and a stand-up shower.

Location is golden. Right next to metro Place des arts and it is literally 5-minute walk to China town and 10 minute to downtown Montreal and 15 to 20 minute walk to the Old Port Montreal if you are a fast walker.

To summarize my review, like most of travelers, there are always pros and cons about every place you stay at. Hotel Quartiers des Spectacles exceeded my expectations and I am looking forward to return again in two months!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AnnieH910
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Your warm comments regarding our property are greatly appreciated. We make every effort to exceed the expectations of our guests with true hospitality. Our central location is in the heart of the entertainment district, Montreal's famous Quartier des Spectacles and as you have discovered, within walking distance of most of the major tourist sites. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was a cute, old, recently renovated hotel. It has character, was reasonably priced and is in a convenient location. There is no elevator, so expect to lug your luggage up some narrow, winding stairs. Also, the room we stayed in was atop an "adult" novelty shop which played loud music at inappropriate hours; we did not have a restful sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Darth_Cambo
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. I am pleased that you appreciated our renovations in keeping with the building's historical character and our prime location in the downtown core. I am disappointed, however, that you did not have a good night's sleep. The shop downstairs is usually closed by midnight and I am unsure why there would be loud music. However, I will look into this situation in order that this does not repeat itself. I hope to welcome you again soon and to have the opportunity to show you the trademark service that we are so proud of.
Dieburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The taxi driver wished us good luck when he dropped us in front of the hotel in the evening. The area looked seedy and the hotel is located above a sex shop.
Staff was very welcoming and helpful and they assured us that the area had been cleaned up a lot over the last few years. That turned out to be true and the location was actually great. Still......I would not have liked to come home on my own in the evening. There are funny creatures around!
The metro is just around the corner but you can basically walk everywhere as well. Maybe not so suitable for women traveling on their own.....otherwise not bad.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very proud of our four and half star rating on this site provided by Tripadvisor guests as well as the numerous excellence awards received during the past three years. We understand that there are still remnants of the Red Light district in the area but it has indeed been transformed into the trendy and dynamic entertainment district called le Quartier des Spectacles. The area is safe and you need not be fearful. The taxi driver is either very much uninformed or was looking to bring you to a hotel that pays commission. Either way, we are happy that you stayed with us and hope to welcome you again soon.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Everything was great with my stay (stayed two nights) - clean and comfortable room, friendly hotel staff and I loved that it was really close to the metro station. And there was free internet on a communal computer in the lounge area. I couldn't ask for a better stay, frankly. Thanks, Hotel Quartier des Spectacles!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank L C
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
I am glad that you had a great stay in our hotel and I will certainly share your kind words with the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit.......please call our reception desk directly at 1-866-302-2922 to receive a special return guest rate. Till next time.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 1 night to go to a concert a block away. We were trying to be budget conscious and chose this place because it had good reviews and it was inexpensive for MTL. The place is VERY nice for the price!! We were so shocked! The room was very clean, brand-new and newly renovated with a very nice bathroom. Roomy even! The staff were so accomodating and friendly. I could not believe such a place exists in the heart of downtown at this price. There is an awesome piece of artwork in the hallway too haha!
We will definitely be going here again. Hands down, amazing!!

• Stayed December 2013
Larry56Montreal, General Manager at Hotel Quartier des Spectacles, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback about our property with Trip advisor travellers! We are flattered to receive such a nice review, and delighted to read that you appreciated our recent renovations, the friendly staff, as well as our exceptionally low prices for a prime downtown location. Remember to call our reservation desk directly at 1-866-302-2922 to receive a special return guest (VIP) discount. We look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Montreal!.