“Get Some Fish on the Menu”
Review of Chez Chose

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Cross street: Bienville
Transit: Metro Mont-Royal take your left to St-Denis street, turn on your right 30 second walk Metro Laurier take your right to St-Denis street, turn on your left 30 second walk
Description: Chez Chose offers a menu from a blackboard.This menu varies depending on the season and the products from our providers, each and every one of them Quebec's very own craftsmen. It also varies following the fantasies of our chef Marie-France Desrosiers whom plays around the products we receive, maintaining a fresh and seasonal selection. May it be foie gras, vegetables, rabbit, guinea fowl regardless of the delivery, she will lay in your plate a joyful mix of flavours . The perfect brew of our local farmers' hard work and the genius of Marie-France has made Chez Chose something... Grandiose. Have a taste, you will see.... Chez Chose vous propose un menu a l'ardoise. Ce menu varie au gre des saisons et des arrivages de nos fournisseurs, tous sans exception des artisans du terroir quebecois. Il varie aussi selon les fantaisies de notre chef Marie-France Desrosiers qui s'amuse avec ce que nos producteurs d'ici lui envoient, pour autant que tout soit frais et de saison.
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We recently dined at Chez Chose. Although we enjoyed the food and the attentive service from the owner and his family, the restaurant would do well to put some seafood on its menu. When we dined there on a Saturday night, out of ten entrees listed, only one of them was seafood, and that was fried smelts. One of the appetizers was seafood and I had that. It was a delicious local shrimp dish with a creamy sauce. I had chicken for my main course which was accompanied by root vegetables and had a cheese coating on it. My wife had a salad and appetizer platter, mostly because she could not find any fish dish that she wanted. In a restaurant that has aspirations, more seafood on the menu would help it get there.

1  Thank dudleywysong

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I brought clients here for a business dinner and we were all delighted with the food. Everything was delicious and there was a wide range of interesting things to choose from. What really makes this place shine, however, is the service. The owner is enthusiastic, attentive, and you can tell he really enjoys what he does. I brought my husband back two days later and we had the same experience. I recommend the cheese selection for dessert, if you are so inclined, and the chicken if it is on the menu. I did not have the foie gras but my colleague said it was outstanding.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had a great dinner this evening. It was not crowded and the owner was very friendly, attentive and helpful. He explained all of their dishes in detail. I had the duck, my colleague the chicken. Both were excellent! They have a nice selection of wine as well as some excellent deserts. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

After a long chilly day in Montreal - Chez Chose was the perfect place for dinner. Meals here are generous, served piping hot and all heavy on sauce. We were not alone going through our bread to finish all the delicious sauce that accompanied the rabbit & pork we enjoyed. It is very obvious that the cuisine is market inspired and there was a mix of vegetables served underneath the meats in a large soup style dish. The ambiance is genuinely welcoming and friendly. We very much enjoyed our meal here.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Went to Chez Chose on the advice of our B&B host . We were greeted warmly by the owner and we knew that it was going to be good.
The menu is on a blackboard and the owner explains it all in a English with his lovely French accent. The food was wonderful and really innovative.
The menu changes every few days based upon what is in season and avilable in the market.
We had a wonderful time and is the type of place I was hoping to find in Montreal.

Marro770, Propriétaire at Chez Chose, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you, to speak about us so nicely, I hope to see you again on your next visit to Montreal.