“Delivery guy shook me down for a 20% tip”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Roi de l' Inde

Le Roi de l' Inde
Ranked #3,084 of 5,682 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Tarrytown, NY
“Delivery guy shook me down for a 20% tip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Food was okay but when the delivery man showed up I gave him $5.60 on an order of $31. That's 15% at least yet he wanted more! He wouldn't leave until I gave him an extra dollar. The restaurant isn't even very far and I made no special requests. First and last time I order from here. I don't appreciate a man getting aggressive with a pregnant female like myself.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MadAboutTheWold

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN MONTREAL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This is by far the worst Indian restaurant I've been to. The waiter was poorly trained as he didn't speak English or French, he would just nod and act as if he understood. When the food arrived, it was ALL wrong! My wife is allergic to cajous, yet he still came back with a plate of cajous and various other nuts. For a group of 6 people, our bill came up to be around $150, excluding drinks, taxes and tips! In all the meat platters, we received exactly 5 pieces of chicken...like wow...what the hell. This is really not the restaurant you should go to have a real Indian experience!!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sanim S
“Worst Indian food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Worst Indian food.. I ever had.. Not a friendly staff.. Poor service.. Never gonna visit this place again :(

1 Thank LOvelysparkle
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Good Indian restaurant with extensive menu and specials of 3 courses which are good value for money. Attentive and helpful staff. Not the best Indian food around but definitely reliable and competent.

Peterborough, Canada
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We found 3 Indian restaurants within walking distance of our B & B, Victorian Heritage and chose this one for our last dinner in Montreal. Good choice! We enjoyed the atmosphere and attentive service but especially the food! We ordered one of the Indian dinners for two which included pappadoms to start, a mixed appetizer platter, butter chicken, a chickpea curry and dry Indian beef dish. (sorry I can't recall the exact names of some of the dishes) Everything was fresh and fragrant, each dish having very distinctive flavours. The meal also came with naan and two small Indian desserts. The food was so good that I asked for a doggy bag for the small remains and carried it back home which consisted of a 5 hr. train trip. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking good Indian food in Montreal and I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2011