“Trendy place with decent Food”
Review of Icehouse

Icehouse
Ranked #818 of 5,887 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I visited the Ice House yesterday and while I was not expecting to like it too much (I've done enough "Tapas type places" lately, I came out of there quite happy.

Here is the rundown .....

First and foremost, go for the Bourbon Lemonade !!!!, I am making some at home this week-end !!!

Now to the food ...

We tried both the Ribs and the chicken ... They were both very good, the Dr Pepper ribs were not a sweet as I was expecting and it was a nice surprise ...
The chicken had a hard shell and it was really, really nice.
The coleslaw was nice and creamy (Firm yet creamy) and the smoked potatoes were to die for.

We had the Tuna Tartar, the jalapenos stuffed with Crab, the pulled pork taco's and the popcorn shrimps.

Tuna tartar was very nice, the jalapenos were OK, the shrimps were OK and the pulled pork tacos' were acceptable.

Overall a nice evening,

I Will repeat ...

Reviewed 14 August 2013

we went here after seeing this restaurant on you gotta eat here. The chicken had so much breading on it that we had to remove a lot of it. Under the breading the chicken was dry and the skin was rubbery. The coleslaw that accompanied it was limp and the potatoes salad had a strange vinegary taste.. Also ordered the crab cakes which where also over fried and tasteless. The menu is difficult to read and the waitress failed to mention several things on the menu.

1  Thank notallwaundersrlost
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was anxious to try Icehouse after reading great reviews. My husband and I went on a Sunday evening (no wait) and shared a lobster burrito and ribs. There was not much lobster in the burrito and whatever there was, was very tough. It was mostly beans and corn. $20 for that?? The ribs were just ok. We have had better in many places. The ribs came with potato salad, which was mostly mayonnaise, as was the cole slaw. We also got what seemed to be a piece of cornbread muffin- very dry and tasteless! Our meal came to $50 with tip and it was horrible! I really am amazed by the good reviews. There are so many great restaurants in Montreal to experience. My advice is stay away from this one.

1  Thank gadryn
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have tried this restaurant last week after seeing it on the food network '' you have to eat here'' show. We ordered the lobster roll, the pico de galo lobster burrito and the shrimp pineapple jerk Taco.Also we took their homemade limonade and it's very good.
Every thing was great the place was very crowded we had to wait 5 minutes outside it's a small restaurant but it's sooo worth it. I gave 4 stars because it's a bit pricy.
About 20$+tx per dish.

1  Thank marwa S
Reviewed 5 August 2013

First thing we noticed is that it's very small. In the summer there is a terrace. The menu is written on a gigantic blackboard indoors and it's a little hard to read. Best thing to do is watch what people are being served coupled with the menu on the blackboard and you're good to go! We ordered a pitcher of bourbon lemonade. It was to die for. Then we ordered 1/2 bucket of chicken and 1/2 bucket of ribs. Both were excellent although the chicken had no spices at all on it. They did offer 2 sauces which were great. One a honey kind the other very "piquant". It's really small and the tables are close so the chatter can get loud but it's so trendy and the patrons mostly university age that you don't mind. We were lucky to have a glorious sunny evening. The waitress was fantastic (Pascale) treated us so friendly and helpful. She placed a large piece of waxed brown paper on the table then came back and literally dumpted both bucks of chicken and ribs directly onto the table. Really neat! Dessert was awesome too. Mississippi mud pie or fresh berries both served with bourbon laced whipped cream or this delicious pretzel chocolate chip cookie. I would definitely recommend going.