“A little get-away within the city”

Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau
Ranked #1 of 89 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Step onboard into a universe awash with astounding contrasts. In an invented space, between two water worlds... float away.Anchored at the Old Port of Montreal, Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau offers passengers the healing benefits of a spa coupled with the natural lulling movements of the St Lawrence River. Surrounded by enchanting decor, with Old Montreal as a magical backdrop, this mysterious and innovative floating spa offers privileged proximity to the river while enjoying the relaxing and energizing merits of the water circuit.Bota Bota is comprised of five decks on which you will find the various spa installations: two saunas with incredible views of the river and the Old Port, a eucalyptus steam bath, outdoor whirlpool baths, cold showers and baths, relaxation areas, restaurant, terraces and garden.Over and above its breathtaking Montreal location, this unique spa offers prolonged well-being to its passengers through massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, as well as yoga and meditation.You can also delight your taste buds at the restaurant operated by Auberge sur la Route, with Michelin-starred chef Eric Gonzalez at its helm. Affiliated with the reputed Auberge St-Gabriel, Auberge sur la Route allows passengers to complement their experience with a fresh and simple menu, both original and comforting, for a serene healing of body and mind.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A relaxing time even during a busy sunny Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed the views of Old-montreal and the port. We had a massage which was very relaxing. A good alternative to escaping your busy life without leaving the city and still enjoying outdoor. A bit expensive but similar to other trendy spas.

Sébastien M, Guest Relations / Responsable Qualité at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear « Lisonpompon »,

We tank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, and we value your feedbacks greatly. I am glad that you felt like your day in our facilities was an escape to your busy city life, as this is exactly our mission at the spa. We want our clients to come in and feel as if they were entering an oasis of peace and relaxation. Do not hesitate to contact us, or visit our website and Facebook page for the latest offers and promotions.

We are looking forward to your next stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had a GREAT massage here. Being on the water is a unique experience, especially while receiving a massage. I was able to relax and start my vacation thanks to this visit.

Dear « TrevorYager»

We thank you to have taken the time to write a review concerning your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Spent a much needed relaxing day here, found the setting and food excellent, staff very polite, but here are my complaints: did not realize it was a 1/2 price day, so it was crowded (of course, not their fault),however the crow was mostly extremely loud chatty folks who disregarded the two rules: quiet and don't save chairs with your personal belongings. I think they thought they were at a pool bar or something. Often all the seats were covered with towels and it was hard to find a space for two, even though they were all unoccupied, and the pools had such loud conversations going on that many of my fellow relaxers including myself at one point would ask them to be quiet (not a very relaxing conversation to have to initiate!) to no avail. The staff should really be more on top of this and the signage needs to be way better.

I'd try it again, but hope the management really considers the need to be more on top of maintaining the tranquillity!

1  Thank agentalchemy

Dear « agentalchemy»,

I would firstl like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. It is through our client's feedbacks that we can evolve and improve the customer experience. I understand that you had a good time overall and I am pleased to read that. As for your comment concerning the silence policy not being respected on site, I can assure you that a thorough follow-up with our staff was conduted to ensure that there would be more control and supervision in regards with the noise level on site. I am sure you will notice a radical improvement when it comes to the respect of the silence policy during your next stay in our facilities.

We thank you for your feedbacks and we hope to welcome you again very shortly!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

July 14, couple, lunch & massage - We are moving soon and did not have the kids so just wanted to relax before a rush. The place is near Montreal Old Port and the access is easy as long as you find a parking. They made a wonderful job has restoring the old boat and the view of the city is just amazing. The setup is perfect and enough room for everybody to lie down and enjoy the sun. You can even access a cold pool outside the boat near the canal where a synthetic waterfall makes you think you are in heaven. The lunch menu is perfectly balanced with some veggies, champagne and light portions. The massage was perfect and the rooms are lighted by 10-12 portholes. However, this paradise comes with a steep price tag (2 massages + tips, 3 hours of baths and a lunch = $400) and everything is more expensive than other places I have been too but once again this is a perfect tourists trap and for people that don't want to drive 1 hour up north. Lastly, you can only stay on the boat 4 hours so plan your trip well. Bota bota = checked. Next time, for the same distance and cheaper prices I will re-visit the Strom on Nuns Island which in my book is equivalent.

Dear « MathieuAnnie »,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience greatly. I particularly like your use of the word « paradise » to describe our facilitites, it is a great pleasure for us to know that you feel this way. As for your comment concerning our price range, I am sorry to hear that you found the prices to be a little too high. I can assure you that our prices are competitive in relation to what we offer. I suggest that you check out our website or Facebook page in order to find out about special offers and promotions. The best way to inquire about special offers and promotions currently going on is to contact one of our customer service agent at 514 284-0333 or to drop in at reception.

We are looking forward to your next stay in our facilities !

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Bota Bota is a unique spa unlike any I ever visited. I was looking for a special birthday present for my wife and opted for a Calypso package (2 massages, water circuit, wine and a “small” meal). To my horror, our flight was canceled; I had to reschedule at the last moment. The staff was understanding, kind, and accommodating. We had a wonderful time. Following are few brief observations.

Pros
1. Great location in the old part of Montreal. Short walk from many hotels. You can bike to the spa.
2. Breathtaking views from the sauna. The wall facing the river and the downtown is made of glass.
3. Saunas, one on each of the upper levels, are huge with room for many visitors.
4. Stuff is truly incredible, friendly, accommodating, willing to help
5. Very clean.
6. Robes provided. One towel, but easy exchange.
7. Excellent steam room. Plenty of seating.
8. Very good food at the restaurant. Our small tasting plate was more like dinner.
9. Lots of areas to rest and relax (lounge chairs, bean bags, hammocks)
10. Yan. Ask for him if you want a really great massage.
11. Lockers secured with electronic fob.

Cons
1. Not suitable for guest with limited mobility. Steep winding staircases.
2. Limited number of bathroom stalls and showers; 2 of each.
3. No parking for cars.
4. Bring your own bath shoes.
5. A bit on the expensive side.
6. Would prefer more shaded areas on the upper decks.

Unlike Russian banya or a Hamam, this spa is geared towards women. The main theme is relaxation. No TVs. Even loud voices are discouraged. Bring a book to read.

1  Thank Gene_Augusta

Dear « Gene_Augusta »

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau. It is through our customer's feedbacks that we can stay on top of our game. The customer experience is our focus and we spend a lot of time finding new ways to satisfy our clientele. I am delighted to learn that our staff « graciously » answered all your needs and that your experience in our facilitites was a success. You mentioned in your review that we did not let customer borrow bath shoes and that it was a disappointment for you. This policy is in force for sanitary reasons. The distribution of disposable bath shoes is also not in line with our philosophy since we prone an eco-friendly way of doing business. As for the lack of parking spaces for cars, we understand that it is an inconvenient for you and we apologize. Unfortunately, this constitutes one of the limitations that may occur when operating a business on a boat. I wanted to also assure you that our spa is geared towards women but also men and we even offer treaments specifically designed for men. Our clientele is very diversified and we try our best to cater to everyone.

I reiterate my appreciation for your review and we are looking forward to your next stay at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau!