“Can't wait for my next visit!”

Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau
Ranked #1 of 89 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Step onboard into a universe awash with astounding contrasts. In an invented space, between two water worlds... float away.Anchored at the Old Port of Montreal, Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau offers passengers the healing benefits of a spa coupled with the natural lulling movements of the St Lawrence River. Surrounded by enchanting decor, with Old Montreal as a magical backdrop, this mysterious and innovative floating spa offers privileged proximity to the river while enjoying the relaxing and energizing merits of the water circuit.Bota Bota is comprised of five decks on which you will find the various spa installations: two saunas with incredible views of the river and the Old Port, a eucalyptus steam bath, outdoor whirlpool baths, cold showers and baths, relaxation areas, restaurant, terraces and garden.Over and above its breathtaking Montreal location, this unique spa offers prolonged well-being to its passengers through massage therapy, body treatments, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, as well as yoga and meditation.You can also delight your taste buds at the restaurant operated by Auberge sur la Route, with Michelin-starred chef Eric Gonzalez at its helm. Affiliated with the reputed Auberge St-Gabriel, Auberge sur la Route allows passengers to complement their experience with a fresh and simple menu, both original and comforting, for a serene healing of body and mind.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Bota-bota is freaking spectacular, I’m so impressed by the service, design and whole experience. I’ve been to many spa’s across Canada and this is definitely the most unique and genius of them all. It was like being in a buoyant tranquil cocoon, I felt completely comfortable and very at home.

For days after I felt totally rejuvenated and relaxed, the day of circuits and a 60min massage completely alleviated all the stress I had been feeling.

1  Thank celestemakow

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our first visit to Bota Bota Spa-sur-l'eau.
The service over the telephone was very good and friendly. We were a little taken aback when we were greeted with a finger to the lips and 'be quiet ladies' from the front desk. We are ladies in our late thirties and early forties not 10-year-olds after all! Firstly, we were not aware of the no talking policy with it being our first visit and secondly we were waiting at check in for a longer than average time. First impressions count as the saying goes so this could be better.
The spa itself is an amazing experience, being on a boat is quirky and the views of the Montreal skyline are to die for! This was the first time I had been in a sauna and a hot tub with a view! We were blessed with a mild day and it was magical when the snow flakes started to fall while we were outdoors in the hot tub! We loved the water circuit and felt the 3 hours flew by. My massage therapist was very sweet-as were the staff we encountered around the spa-and really worked my problem areas. I would probably try the relaxation massage next time, my friend said this was out of this world! Soup and juice of the day in the cafe very good.
My recommendations would be to improve the check in and check out process (we were late for our dinner reservation) and review the no talking policy across the spa. This isn't respected with most groups talking quietly (with a minority not so quietly) and seemingly wanting to talk. After all, we all have different ways of finding relaxation, talking quietly with friends may be one of them. I think the spa would do better to have designated quiet rooms for relaxation and meditation with a general 'talk quietly' policy elsewhere such as in the hot tub.
There should be glasses at the drinking water or water fountains installed as unless you brought a bottle with you, you would have to ask or wait to be offered and I was a little dehydrated after one small glass of water, a ginger and lemon tea and juice in the restaurant. The changing rooms were a little pokey and would get congested at busier times of year I imagine.
That said, all in all, we loved the unique experience, found it very reasonable for the money and would definitely return.
PS Bring a spare bathing suit to change into after your massage!

1  Thank littlemissmontreal
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My fiancé and I received a gift certificate to this spa. So we decided to go a couple of days before valentins day to relax. We didn't book an appointment for massage ahead so we took the latest massage of the day which was 8pm, it didn't matter much for us. So we went on and did our circuit, totaly not worth it. The hot bath was outside and we're in the middle of montreal old port, no good view and it was windy so we had snow blowing in our face the whole time. Inside circuit was alright but there were no close room to relax , relaxing chair and bed was in the middle so we could hear everyone walking, opening the door, whispering, talking , going up the stairs and down... wasnt peaceful at all. My last hope to relax is the massage, i really hope i could get at least come out all relaxed and zen. My massotherapist was professional and kind but during the massage i felt like he was tired since i was his last client of the day. He didnt do the same massage to both side of my body, he didnt have much strengh ... sigh, 90 buck in the garbage. Althought i didnt want to ruin someones day by telling him all the negative things i still tipped him and tried to forget it.. anyways i just had to share my experience at this bota bota spa.

4  Thank lvlyem X
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Even if the spa has great resting areas, the installations can be better maintained and the staff trained better!
People at the reception seems a bit lost or nor focused on what they do upon your arrival.
Lockers are quite small for winter garment.
Quite a bad smell outside the hammam area even though there often is some incense burning.
In the hammam lots of pieces of tiles missing :(
Strange to have an housekeeper clean the glasses walls all afternoon!
Great hammock zone to relax while enjoying the view.
Try not to have any problem during your stay there, the administration won't really aknowledge anything or help you to resolve any matter!

3  Thank Yann2002
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Went here with my wife for her bday in december
At first it looked very cool and was looking forward for the experience (looking at the price i had payed )
The spa experience was okay at most notng special then the fact ur on a boat
Massage was horrible!!!! We were in sooooo much pain for a week ,we had to go to another place to get a massage to feel better ( we had other friends that got the massage and experienced the same horrible pain)
This all said, dont pay a penny for that overpriced massage !!! And if u really want to go,just get the spa access for like an hr not worth it!!!
I rather go to a nice spa like the spa finlandais and have the real spa experience!!!

3  Thank John M
Melissa C, Guest Relations Manager at Bota Bota, spa-sur-l'eau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear John M.

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Bota Bota spa-sur-l'eau. I'm sorry to hear your massage couldn't meet your expectations. The review cards we ask the clients to fill at the end of their massage provide great feedback to the therapists and help them to adjust their techniques and the way they communicate with their clients. I'm sure your review was taken into account by your therapist, as our clients' satisfaction is a priority for every Bota Bota employee.

I sincerely hope you visit us again soon,