“G-R-E-A-T hotel, especially for proximity to Old Montreal and the Port!”
Review of Hotel St Paul

Hotel St Paul
Ranked #33 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is a wonderful hotel and a great option for staying in Old Montreal and near the Port. It's an interesting combination of old and new ... gorgeous old building, yet thoroughly modern inside. We had a fun room with a great view. The staff are dapper and responsive. We weren't particularly fond of the dark elevator --- it's jet-black --- and dark hallways (though this is a tiny concern). The in-hotel bar is recommended, and there are also good restaurants in every direction. There is a diner 2-3 blocks away (the name escapes me) that is terrific. Old Montreal is wonderful to explore. Should our travels land us in Montreal in the future, we would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: By all means, ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear 'Here There and Everywhere',

Thanks for rating us 5/5 on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay at the St Paul Hotel. Thanks for the lovely pictures you posted, one can easily figure the nice view you had from the Penthouse floor!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel. Great service from front desk staff. Rooms were clean and stylish, however more towels required when they know three people are in a room. The location is close to train. Did not eat in the hotel restaurant but it looked very nice

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed for 4 days at the St Paul's Hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. The Hotel is in a beautiful old building which is situated in a nice part of Montreal. You can easily find many great places to eat within 5 mins of walking. The Hotel staff are extremely polite, helpful and friendly.
I was a bit nervous coming to the hotel based on some of the negative reviews but it turned out to be excellent. Some of the wall decor is painted dark which may not to be everyones taste but I did not have any problem with it. I actually think it is fitting with the modern/industrial design that you will see all around Montreal. I will stay there again if I go back to Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I hosted a meeting at the St Paul hotel in July 2013 for about 25 people over two days. The meeting room was a perfect size for our group and provided a great view of the city. Karolina and her team did an excellent job and I received nothing but complements from my group. Catering was exceptional and having restaurants and bars on property gave us the perfect spot to hang out before out outings. I recommend this property for anyone looking for a location for parties, meetings or group activities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Dan B,

Thanks for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We are happy to read you and your group had a great time while at the hotel! We will make sure to forward your review to Karolina and the team who took care of you!

We hope to welcome you soon for another successful event at St Paul Hotel!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed for the second year in a row at the Hotel St. Paul. We had been there years before, and remembered it as having clean and nice accommodations and a great location in the Old City. The rooms are lovely, with comfortable beds - and everything - the bathroom, tub, and sleeping area is clean, clean, clean.

The bar area is tastefully done and the lobby area is extremely well laid out.

Our only complaint is we had requested in advance - and by speaking directly to a representative we had to add an additional 40.00 to our hotel room - one of 2 rooms with a particular view that we wanted. The representative told us that we could not request a specific room in advance and they would honor our request if possible once we checked in. It seemed strange to have to pay extra for something we ultimately did not get.

That aside, the location is perfect for Old City lovers, and there are breakfast spots very close by.

Room Tip: Please see my review above.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Bevi525,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at St Paul Hotel with Trip Advisor travelers! It's a true pleasure to read you were satisfied with your stay with us - you are certainly right concerning the location, Old Montreal is a lovely and vibrant neighborhood, especially during the summer! As for the issue you are reporting, it will be forwarded to the front desk manager, and we sincerely apologize for this communication problem.

We look forward to your next visit in Montreal!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We chose Hotel St Paul for the weekend of our wedding. I (the bride) stayed the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids and we had the room for getting ready in the day after. My husband and I stayed in the room the night of the wedding and the following night.
The staff was great to work with, from planning our bloc of rooms to seeing our guests have a great stay.
The rooms are GORGEOUS, comfortable and clean. The service is excellent and the food over at Hambar is DELICIOUS (especially their brunch!)

I highly recommend this hotel in beautiful Old Montreal!!

Thank you to all of the staff!! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Lianne,

Thanks for posting us such nice comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to read that St Paul Hotel contributed to make one of the most important moments of your life so memorable! We wish you all the best in the future and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have had the pleasure to have stayed at the St. Paul Hotel in Montreal no less than 10 times. Very rarely does this happen but each time it gets better. The staff have always been courteous, helpful and professional but it's really nice when they remember your name when you walk in the front door.
My most recent stay involved me bringing 20 of my friends to Montreal and the St. Paul for a "mancation" if you will. With our wild and crazy days for the most part behind us, it was nice to have all involved trust me to recommend some nice accommodations. Not an easy thing to do, the St. Paul Hotel staff handled all requests, restaurant suggestions and room reservations with ease.
I received compliments on my choice of hotel the entire weekend and so I have decided to tell all of you, it wasn't me, it was the St. Paul Hotel staff that made me look good and made everyone comfortable.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough.
The rooms are well appointed with modern finishes and the new restaurant is excellent for food or just a few quick drinks before you head out.
I think the location is ideal because you are situated in the middle of the historic Old Port with fantastic architecture and great restaurant/lounges not more than a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2013
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Lungtrap,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, and thank you for choosing the St Paul each time you come in Montreal! It is always a pleasure to have you and your party as guests. We will forward your kind comments to the front desk team, they will be happy to read them!

We hope you had a great time in Montreal and look forward to your next visit!