“Hotel Breakfast experience”
Review of Hotel St Paul

Hotel St Paul
Ranked #32 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Continental breakfast self serve !
No removal of dishes after eating the fruit plate and the empty yogourt container by the 3 staff present (busy discussing among themself). When I return with my plate of toast and half a bagel with cream cheese and honey etc I had to remove the dirty dishes and put them on the table next to me. Even then the staff did not move a finger to take them to the kitchen. This happened during the 2 mornings I was there. The jar of milk was empty the 2 mornings I was there. I told the 3 staff next to the coffee stand that I am sorry to interrupt their conversation but «how do I get to the kitchen for some milk !!! » The list goes on with missing utensils at the table which they saw me serve myself from other tables. Otherwise the cleaning lady was just adorable !! I will not recommand this place to my loved ones.There are plenty other nice hotels in Montreal to have to go this one.

Room Tip: the corner suite offers a great view on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear travelerdependant,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We at St Paul Hotel strive to offer outstanding service to our guests and we were sorry to read your comments. Please accept our apologies, and be aware that this kind of situation is most unusual and unacceptable. With our team leaders, we will look into each mentioned issue and take corrective actions.

If you would like to reconsider a stay at the St Paul Hotel, please contact us directly, and we will make sure you have a perfect experience this time.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I love this hotel! We went this past weekend for a night out with the girls and had booked a Deluxe Suite. The place was beautiful, every staff member we met over the course of our stay went above and beyond to make sure we were well taken care of. Would really recommend the place to anyone looking for a great place to stay, for pretty much any occasion.
The Hambar Restaurant in the lobby has fantastic food, great for a charcuterie plate and some cheese! Great wine list as well!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your nice comments, and thank you to be one of our most loyal guests! It is always a pleasure to have you at the hotel, and we truly appreciate that you are using us for business AND pleasure!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I offered a night @ St-Paul hotel to my boyfriend and we had a fabulous stay! Everything is near the hotel: restaurants, bar, old port activities ( Igloofest) , etc. I'm telling you... It's a must and the view that you get of the old port of Montreal is worth everything!!

Room Tip: Choose a room that gives you a view on McGill Street.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Coco P,

Thank you for your message! St Paul Hotel is indeed perfectly located a few steps from the Old Port. Hope you enjoyed the city sight with the Igloofest lights, it is pretty amazing!

Make sure to contact us next time you plan to stay in Montreal, it will be our pleasure to welcome you!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We spent a night in one of the suites at St-Paul hotel. The hotel is very well located and we had no problem to find a good restaurant in the old harbor. The suite is really well decorated, a good combination between modernity and old time, and is really sensual, as the luminosity at the 8th floor. The commodity are good, and we had good times at Hotel St-Paul.

Room Tip: Ask for rose petals on you bed
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I like that the St Paul is walking distance to everything. I stayed here for a night following a business conference. The rooms are almost like a small loft apartment (without a kitchen). I'm a reader, so I loved the window bench under the tall windows that overlook the streets. Room service was great and I didn't have to wait long for it. The hallways are dark and oddly lit (red on the white walls) so if you come back late at night, it kind of looks like something might be waiting at the end of the hall for you... Other than that, great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor travellers!
We are pleased to hear you felt cozy in your room! Concerning the hallways lightning, please note that this is a part of our hotel's unique design. The idea was to create an 'artistic gap' between the rooms that are spacious, bright, and the hallways, that are voluntarily dark. We are sorry you did not like it, but happily the rest was to your satisfaction!

We hope you will be back at the St Paul soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was looking the pictures from my trip to Montreal with my boyfriend and we have just remembered how great was our stay in the St Paul Hotel. Location first, is ideal: close to everything (downtown, metro, old port, city centre), the historical building is amazing, the staff were very nice and professional and the room was great, specially the bath which it was very deep, perfect for a relaxing bath. We realized that in the restaurant Hambar from the Hotel there were Jamon Serrano and Spanish products so we enjoy a lovely dinner there. The Restaurants located in the St Paul street are great too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MarieLoevenbruck, Manager at Hotel St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Inge I,

Thank you for posting your stay's review on Trip Advisor. It pleases us greatly to read you were 100% satisfied! You are right, Old Montreal is the best neighborhood to discover our beautiful city of Montreal.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The location is great walking distance from downtown and old Montreal. The continental breakfast was average (fruits, toasts, yougurt, cheese, croissants). There is a lack of decor and light. The hallway is dark, so you may get a knock on your door in the middle of the night from a drunk guest searching for his room. For a four star hotel kinda disapointing.

Dear Christine & Alain,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed st Paul Hotel's location. We are sorry to read your comments about the design of our Hotel, which is very unique in Montréal and usually to the taste of our customer as you can see in the other reviews. We are the 1st Design hotel in Canada and the modern and minimalist interior is the signature of our establishment. We do promote this interior architecture throughout our official Website.

If you would like to consider our establishment for another try, then do not hesitate to contact us.