“Wonderfull stay”

Ranked #33 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderfull stay”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

That’s my second time at Hotel St. Paul.
It is a unique place filled with culture and style and my deluxe suite looks like a New York style apartment. I love the coach, and the curtains around the bed. I really liked the small touches like a small box chocolates, newspapers and bottles of water on a beautiful dark brown wood tray and the original presentation in the bathroom. The food at hotel restaurant “le Vauvert” is excellent. The staff is great and always very helpful, and a very good continental breakfast is served.

If you are looking for small hotel with a unique and tasteful design this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2010

That's was my first time there, and we had a great moment there. First we had a service like you can compar with a bellagio in Vegas or the Trump Plaza they treat you like a family member!! Then the room are so nice, like a kind of New-York style. I suggest to you to spend a couples days off at the St-Paul.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Montreal
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have used this hotel for business purposes for our company meetings. They are professional, well-organized and the meeting premises are perfect. The location is wonderful for those coming out of town as it offers a superb opportunity to visit the Old Port. The restaurant located directly in the hotel "Le Vauvert" is fantastic!

I go back every year with my husband for our anniversary because I love this hotel!!!! You will too!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2010

The worst Hotel I ever stayed in, the desk clerk checked me in without once making eye contact or welcoming me in any way,the room was dirty, previous guest left clothes in room ( missed by maid) room quality resembled my kids dorm room, the bar was rented to a function so we were unable to meet friends for a cocktail, and the 2nd floor lounge was also rented out to a private party. No turndown service 2 worn towels and no change of linens as no turn down. The breakfast rivalled that of a holiday in Express.
This place is so busy attempting to be trendy they have forgotten their business, guest service zero.
I actually tried to get a room at the Vogue where we usually stay. (highly reccomended) and would cheerfully have paid not to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank OGO3782
Montreat, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Great experience. The staff was great and always very helpful. Would definitely come back and refer to friends and family. I loved how central this Hotel was in relation to all of the attractions in Old montreal. Our room was gorgeous, the housekeeping staff were very efficient. If i were to rate this hotel; it would be a definite 10! oh! I almost forgot! the location was a straight shot from the downtown, there was no way to get lost! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR? We will be returning to this Hotel in September 2010.
Nightlife is great, the Vauvert Restaurant is also JETSET appealing and tastefull.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I travel to Montreal quite often for business and the St. Paul Hotel has been my home away from home for the past four years. The spacious rooms with high ceilings, large windows, comfortable beds and big soaker tub make it very easy to relax when needed. The access to complimentary Wi-Fi, the business centre and/or lounge areas allow me other areas of the hotel to utilize aside from the room if needing to work or surf the web. With its fabulous location in Old Montreal, it allows for a terrific morning run and leisurely strolls to the nearby restaurants, bars, cafes, shopping or simply exploring the old city and port. The metro and train station are also in walking distance which is most convenient when I opt to take the train to/from Toronto instead of flying or wanting to visit friends or explore other areas of Montreal. Since 2006, I have been enjoying the hotels consistent professional and exceptional customer service, location, comfort, style, chic atmosphere and the wonderful morning breakfast …always recommended to our business clients when they too are visiting …”thank you” and keep up the great work!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I just returned from a family trip to Montreal. During our visit we stayed at hotel St. Paul located within walking distance from the old town,down town and the train station.Upon check in , we were greeted by the staff in the front desk who offered us a very personal service throughout our stay.If you are looking for small hotel with a unique design this is the place for you. We stayed at a deluxe room and our rate included a continental breakfast which was not bad. During the weekend the bar is very lively. I will return to this hotel in my future visit to Montreal.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family