this was our first trip alone since the birth of our daughter 3 years ago so we wanted it to be restful, luxurious and elegant. It was all three, definitely. Our room --- a Deluxe Suite -- was on the 6th floor and had both a fireplace and a balcony. The room, while slightly in decor, felt like our own personal pied-a-terre in old Mtl - we loved coming back for a late afternoon nap, cocktail hour on the patio and time to get ready for dinner in the well-appointed bathroom. The espresso machine was a great touch and continental breakfast on the Terrace was all we could have asked for to set off each great day. The neighbourhood is under construction, but there are still lots of opportunities for lovely moonlit walks down cobblestone streets. The hotel recommends some great restaurants on its website (see: "for foodies") and we tried two of them (thanks to reservations by the Concierge) and were totally amazed at the quality of the food.
All in all, the Saint Sulpice feels very old school, quiet, and lovely - not for the party crowd or those who want the most modern feel - but wonderful for those who want to just enjoy a true Montreal vibe in a great area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Notre-Dame Basilica, Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal boasts a unique Old Montreal experience. Guests will be enticed by the unparalleled allure of this unique boutique hotel. The spacious and elegant suites overlook a lush courtyard garden or the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal. Enjoy the comforting warmth of the lobby or the refined cuisine of Sinclair - both complemented by attentive staff that make the most of every stay and celebrate a true 'Art de Vivre'. Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal features 108 inviting suites with a minimum of 47m2 (500 sq ft) of living space. Fully opening French-style windows overlook the courtyard or the historic streets of Old Montreal. All suites are newly furnished with a living room, work desk, additional sofa bed, equipped bar-type kitchen with Nespresso coffee machines, flat screen TV, comfortable feather duvets and pillows. Luxurious bathrooms include bathrobes with refined amenities by L'Occitane en Provence. After a day of sightseeing, guests are welcome to enjoy a cocktail in the garden (in season) or a delightful meal in the brand new Sinclair Restaurant. Located in the heart of the gardens, Sinclair Restaurant now welcomes diners in a marvellous glass space with window-doors that open onto the magnificent exterior terrace. Exclusive guest services including room service, in-room massage, free fitness centre access, turndown service, attentive 'Clefs d'Or' Concierge services, valet parking and many other amenities are also available (some at additional cost). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Le Saint-Sulpice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Saint-Sulpice Hotel Montreal
- Le Saint Sulpice Montreal