“Deceptive Website”

Ranked #14 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
NJ
“Deceptive Website”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My husband and I recently spent 4 nights the the Saint-Sulpice in Montreal. During our stay, we were in and out of the hotel many times a day. However, we were not greeted even once upon entry or exit, despite the front deck being fully staffed and the concierge standing near the door. Three of four days, we returned in the evening to have the concierge and bellman standing outside in front of the entry, but they did not move or open the door for us until I loudly said "Pardon!" en francais. The maid service in our room was extremely inconsistent - no turn down service on Sunday night, trash emptied one day, bottled water left outside the door another day. Our "suite" was large, but not as shown on the website, and the carpet was stained in several places, the coffee table and vanity in the bathroom were scratched and chipped, and tiles in the bathroom also chipped. Grout in the shower was not all clean, but black in corners. Pros?? Continental breakfast was nice - good coffee when you could get it, and good pain au chocolat. Service without a smile for 4 days though. We would not return as surely there must be better service at these prices elsewhere in Vieux Montreal.

1 Thank EileenY24
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I would like to apologize for not being able to deliver the level of service which should be expected from my team. We have discussed your comments with all concerned departments and we are convinced that such events will not reoccur in the future. We pride ourselves on our service and we hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Vittorio Di Re

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My husband and I were looking for a weekend get a way and the Saint-Sulpice was a perfect destination. We stayed for two nights and took advantage of their package which included two passes to the Scandinavian Spa. The spa was only a block away and heavenly. Although we had a rainy weekend, our deluxe suite was very comfortable and inviting with a fireplace and balcony over looking Old Montreal. All of the staff we encountered were very helpful but I cannot say enough about the Concierge. His recommendations were exactly what we were looking for in terms of restaurants, walking routes and entertainment. We were also very impressed with the selection and scope of the continental breakfast. Don't forget to try the croissants! We would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Montreal. Enjoy!

Bromont, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I would like to share my appreciation of the hotel the St-Sulpice. I go there several times a year for leisure or work, and each time the experience is fantastic.
The staff ; employees of the reception, reservations, doorman, waiters are all extremely friendly, courteous and especially, very attentive. They do everything they can to satisfy the customer and this is greatly appreciated and makes all the difference.
Quality, luxury and comfort of the rooms distinguish your hotel. Almost all rooms are different from each other and have a little something unique to make each stay an new experience, but always impeccable. I love the quality products from L'Occitane given in the room. The cleanliness is exemplary and the services of the hotel too! The hotel is very chic, modern, relaxing, tastefully decorated, quiet, intimate and the location is perfect, close to restaurants, shopping, bars, great location in Old Montreal.
I have celebrated my last birthday with friends, I had a beautiful and large executive suite with a huge terrace, to share a good meal and have a drink with a beautiful view of Montreal. The rooms are so spacious that no matter the occasion, whether with my family, my friends, my boyfriend or alone, the experience is always perfect!
I look forward to my next visit in November! This is my favorite hotel in Montreal and I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to my entire team. Your loyalty is important to us and we look forward to consistantly providing the service you have experienced on your future stays.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed in this fabulous place for 2 nights.
The hotel is awesome, the service excellent.
The location is perfect, in the heart of the old montreal, so it s easy to walk around, do shopping and have lunch or dinner.

We ll come back for sure next time we ll be in Montreal!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Everything was fantastic during each of my stays or visits to this hotel ! I went there a dozen of times last year for business cocktails as well as for a birthday party in a suite of the hotel.
I can sincerely say that I was impressed by their team, the location, the bar and the rooms ! Nothing to complain about, we were always in for quite an experience !

This boutique hotel is one of the finest in Montreal. In the heart of the Old Montreal, a few minutes away from the business center as well as the Port of Montreal, business men and families alike will find a great value.
I definitely recommend it !!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I've stayed at Saint-Sulpice on a number of occassions for a number of reasons over the past eight years, and it's still as nice now as it first was. The service at check in was exceptional and continued throughout our stay. We had a suite on the first floor (102) and the room was well appointed and clean. The bed, in the master bedroom was comfortable, but be forewarned... it's not a Queen. Thankfully, I was the only one sleeping in it. Had drinks at the hotel both nights of our stay... staff was very attentive and helpful. My only concern was that at 8:30 on Saturday morning, we clearly heard drilling and hammering... and frankly, expected to see it happening outside of our room. This continued until almost 10:00 a.m. Not really something that you would expect from a hotel that focuses so much on the guest's experience . All told though, an excellent hotel... great location and great staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. We thank you for your loyalty and we are happy to hear that we consistantly provide the service you deserve over the years. We do apologize for any noise encountered during your stay and will make sure that this isolated incident will not occur in the future.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Everything was perfect during my recent stay at Le Saint Sulpice. The service from each of the staff was friendly and efficient.

The rooms are extremely large and very comfortable and I appreciate the gererous sizes of L'Occitane bath products and the Nespresso coffee and coffee maker..yum.

I was lucky enough to have a huge private terrace just off the living room. It was ideal for sipping champagne with dear friends and family as the sun set.

Dinner at les 400 coups (very close by on rue Notre Dame) was outstanding. A perfectly mixed cocktail at the hotel bar was the bittersweet end to an amazing day in Montreal. I literally fell into the super-comfortable king bed and slept like a baby.

The waterfront at the old port is just steps away and so an early morning jog was in order to clear my head.

I will definitley stay at Le Saint Sulpice whenever I am in Montreal. I love it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and quiet