Le Saint-Sulpice
US$205
US$241
US$211
  • Restaurant
Armor Manoir Sherbrooke(Montreal)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$313
US$780
US$758
2,146 results
All reviewsmurphy bedold montreall'occitane productsdeluxe suiteseparate bedroomnespresso machinestove topsmall kitchenettecobblestone streetselectric fireplaceperfect locationliving areabeautiful hotelboutique hotelart galleriespull out couchwalk in shower
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Le Saint-Sulpice is a nice hotel choice when you're in Old Montreal. It is reasonably priced, conveniently located (just off Rue St. Paul Ouest), clean, safe and spacious. All rooms are suites. The staff is not as personable as those at Le Petit Hotel just up the street but you can get excellent advice from the concierge. Having made the Le Petit Hotel comparison I should point out that this is a much larger hotel with many more rooms and a greater volume of guests.

Included in the price I paid was a free cold breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, toast, breads, coffee, croissants, etc... I liked the croissants and the fruit was fresh and tasty for the most part but the coffee was not to my liking at all, so much so that I just couldn't drink something that tasted like hotel chain Folgers. There is also a large dining room with a restaurant that received excellent reviews from those with whom I spoke. I wasn't staying long so I didn't get a chance to dine here. Thus I cannot comment on the restaurant dining.

The hotel lobby is quite spacious and interesting. There's an outdoor patio area that looks very attractive but I was here in winter. I would probably return to sample the fare and to dine in such an appealing setting in warmer weather.

This establishment promotes itself as a "boutique hotel" and I'm not quite sure I would agree. Yes, there are some aspects that do resemble some of the finer boutique hotels I've stayed at (The Hudson in NYC, The Delano in Miami Beach, etc...) but this one is not in the same class in my mind. The bathroom would certainly be considered of "boutique" rating but less so the furnishings, carpeting, inadequate and poor lighting and the overall decor which seemed tired and longing for better days. I will say that otherwise the room was spacious, well furnished, comfortable and included a small kitchenette. The bed provided a solid mattress and afforded a sound sleep, something which I value highly.

Would I return to this hotel and/or recommend it to others? Yes. It's a good value and the convenience can't be much better if you want to be in the old city.

Room Tip: My room faced Rue Saint Sulpice. I did not find it the least bit noisy. I don't think you could go wrong here with any room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in regards to your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing on your next trip to Montreal. We hope you will have the opportunity to experience our outdoor terrace in the warmer months.
After looking at the photos you posted with your review I can understand your comments regarding the room decor. Unfortunately you were not able to experience our renovated rooms since you must have been on the 3rd floor which we will complete our renovations by February 2, 2011. At this point all rooms will be completed with new carpeting, new sofabeds, and new lampshades for better lighting, In early 2011 we had completed Phase 1 of our renovations which included new beds, new Nespresso machine, & new linens & bamboo towels.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We love to visit Old Montreal always something happening in this beautiful city.

Our favourite hotel is Le Saint-Sulpice Suites, first class from the minute you pull the car up to the door. Valet service on arrival, smiling staff everywhere, fast check-in, bags arrived to our room in a flash and our one bedroom suite was spacious, comfortable and very cozy with a gas fireplace. Very clean and we appreciated the cooking facilities which we used for breakfast. Located close to the convention center we used the “underground city” to walk uptown and do some shopping ok alot!.. :) Back at the hotel we went down to the bar for a cocktail before we headed out for supper, there are so many good restaurants just take your pick.
We saw John Malkowich who was staying at the hotel for a movie production called Warm Bodies.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThereseNyman
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Mrs. Nyman,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the entire St-Sulpice team. We are happy to hear that your expectations were met on every level. We thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Montreal.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Perfect stay in August 2011. Large suite with kitchenette and dining area, historic limestone walls, modern furniture. In the heart of Old Montreal, close to the Metro, surrounded by pleasant night life, and a very easy commute from the rail station. The reception desk staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank lots-of-km

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in regard to your stay in August 2011. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

Rented a suite to celebrate Christmas with my family. All my requests were met and all the staff was very friendly. It was very comfortable and going to the Basilica for Christmas was magical. Of course, we couldn't really use the terrasse because of the weather (!) but it was very useful for the smokers. Decoration is very nice. Some of the furniture is a bit damaged but nothing to diminish the quality of your stay. Nespresso machine is a great plus. (If you can, bring your own Nespreso capsules, much cheaper). The l'Occitane products are a very nice touch. The bed was extremely comfortable. And so were the leather chairs. Fireplace was very nice. The kitchenette is very useful. There are a few pots and pans.

All in all, nothing really to complain about. There were a few misses but every issue was promptly solved so I'm ok with that. As long as people are pro-active in finding solutions, I'm happy.

The only thing: they have this 'perfume' thing in the lobby. Yuk. I mean, I understand some people like that, but for those of us who are allergic to perfumes, it's just disgusting. A little too intense. I stayed there another time in November and had breakfast downstairs. Eating food and smelling that is just not right.

Just so you know, they have a wheelchair, if you ever need one...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. We are happy to hear that your expectations were met and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also happy to hear that our staff was proactive and able to answer to all your needs. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here over the Christmas and Boxing Day holidays. The hotel is in an outstanding location, directly behind Notre Dame and steps away from the shops and restaurants of Rue St. Paul. The room was fairly large, and included a small kitchenette. The bathroom was spacious, and had a separate (large) tub and walk-in shower. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff were polite and helpful. There isn't a gym inside the hotel; but they have access to a very small facility about one block away. There is free wifi in the hotel, but it was pretty slow.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward welcoming you back on your next trip to Montreal.