“Amazing little boutique hotel in Old Montreal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Saint-Sulpice

Le Saint-Sulpice
Ranked #13 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing little boutique hotel in Old Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed at the Le Saint Sulpice Montreal for four days and three nights around the end of April. It was a very pleasant experience.

The hotel in itself has a very cosy feel to it. And it smells wonderful.

The check in was very smooth. I had made two different reservations when I checked in. And they put them through in a manner where I wouldn't have to change rooms. Also, I was a little apprehensive because I don't speak French, but all the Hotel staff speak very good English.

We were staying in the Deluxe Suite. And it was very cosy too. Perfect for two people. The bedroom could have been considered to be a little small, but you had an entire living room to make up for that. We had views of the hotel garden.
The staff were also very courteous and helpful. They provided us with umbrellas when it was raining outside and one of the concierge members also walked about four blocks to help us look for a taxi when there were no taxis available outside the hotel due to a student strike that had blocked several roads in Montreal.

In terms of the location, it's right behind the notre dame in old Montreal. And it's the perfect place to stay if you want to be close to the river. They have a really nice track by the river here you can go to jog every morning.

I would definitely go back here. My stay was very pleasant.

Note: the hotel doesn't have a gym inside. You have to use one that's a block away.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that my team made you feel at home. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and accomodations and we look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Montreal.

Vittorio Di Re

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Killington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My favorite place to stay in Montreal. The rooms are great (and newly redecorated so I need to go again soon!!). The garden eating/drinking area is great. The location is very central in old montreal. And i trust the valet!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pickytravellers2
Daer Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My entire staff will be happy to hear your kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Lovely property in an excellent location, right in the middle of Old Montreal.

Front office staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially the porters!

Room was generously sized and our view of the beautiful old streets below was magnificent.

We did have a housekeeping issue but as soon as it was brought to the attention of management, it was rectified.

The fireplace in the room is a lovely touch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the housekeeping issue but I am happy to hear it was handled quickly and to your satisfaction. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and my entire team will be happy to hear your kind words. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I enjoyed the absolute wellness package which consisted of a supreme luxurious suit and spa/massage. The room was consistent with description, very nice looking, spacious with updated amenities and directly located in the Vieux-Port. The service was the best we've ever experienced, thank you Maxime M., our concierge, after a well-known resto canceled our reservations "accidentally" he was able to find us, even if last minute a resto with the same vibe. The spa is a deal with the Scandinave just a few blocks away and it was a great experience. Will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that your stay was memorable. I will pass on your kind words to Maxime and my entire team. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Destin, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

This was my first visit to Montreal and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. I work in hospitality and was looking for a quite relaxing trip before our summer season starts. The service was impeccable, the attention to detail amazing and the food outstanding. The location was perfect, the amenities in the room over the top! I can't wait to visit after the summer, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. We are so happy to hear that your expectations were met and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you back soon as well!

Qquixotic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

It was as expected in every category save one, and my review would be otherwise consistent with the majority here. Spacious and comfortable room, excellent location in Vieux-Montreal, solid amenities and service, great advice from the concierge, Maxime (thanks!). The one deal-breaker for me was that the bed clothes didn't breath. It was almost as if they were plastic coated, I can't explain it. This made for very sweaty, clammy nights, not conducive to cuddling with that special someone...as a result I have to downgrade my rating to average and wouldn't make this choice again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Qquixotic
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at Le Saint-Sulpice. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments on to my entire team. I apologize for the sleep quality you experienced due to our bedding. We will definitely look into this issue. We recently changed all our bedding in 2011 wth 250 thread count sheets, down filled quilted pillow top, and bamboo towels. We have not received negative comments on our bedding and we hope you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Perfectly located, to really enjoy every day walk in old Montreal. we have been in and out every day, enjoying the old streets of the city, and the shopping area still at a walk distance.
The room we got was very big, nice and very well organized.
The breakfast is nothing fancy, especially if you are a savory person, rather than a sweet person. no eggs included (you can purchase it), but from my side was not a big problem. very raccomended!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in regards to your most recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Montréal.