“A wonderful stay in Old Montreal”
Review of Le Saint-Sulpice

Le Saint-Sulpice
Ranked #14 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had a wonderful suite in this hotel. The room was very comfortable and clean. All the staff that I spoke with were polite, helpful and professional. I enjoyed all my meals (breakfast, lunch and supper) at this hotel. The food and service are excellent. The food is "slow food" in that you are not rushed with your meal - but if you have a time line, please let your server know, otherwise you will be challenged to get your food fast enough.
I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wbsAlberta
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and dining experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Montreal.

Vittorio Di Re

Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent door and car service, front desk was very friendly as was the concierge. I was upgraded to a fancy giant room, not sure exactly why. All 3 of my peers were too and i'm pretty sure they were sold out which might be the reason. The room was very nice, and clean. It was much larger than I needed which seems wasteful for just me on a quick trip but if i was with my family i'd be so stoked for that room. Overall it was pricey, and while the bar service the night before was good, the breakfast was only fair. I didn't eat the bar food but it looked good, the pours at the bar were highly measured. In the morning the coffee took a while to get and the pastries didn't compare to the bakeries in town. I would come back again but not for the $305/night for just me.

Room Tip: I didn't like being on ground floor with my interior windows facing the restaurant court yard se...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed there last night, a very large room, with all the amenities, very friendly staff, the room was very comfortable and a really good bed and a very nice bathroom. I can definitely recommend this hotel. Breakfast was really good and the fresh fruit salad had been made just before serving. Great location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Still a great location. Still great rooms. Unfortunately, the change of their restaurant to the main floor has not been well thought out, and is perhaps under-resourced.

I just stayed for a week and had two other groups stay upon my recommendation. They all enjoyed it as well.

i just can't recommend the restaurant and/or room service any longer, due to the multiple issues. We attempted to dine at the restaurant but it was booked out on two occassions within the one week of the stay. As well, the terrace could not be used several times, due to private functions being booked.

Room service on three occassions arrived late and arrived lukewarm. And on one occassion, it was so late I had to call after an hour and 45 minutes, and they had said they got the room number wrong. They then proceeded to bring up the same salmon dinner after over two hours, not re-cooked - and pre-added in the tip automatically themselves for this service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you continue to enjoy our accomodations. I would like to apologize for not being able to meet your expecatations in our restaurant. I have ensured restaurant management is aware of your comments which will enable us to improve. We apologize for having 2 private functions during your stay of which are not regular occurances. We hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves regarding our restaurant and we look forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

4 wonderful nights pampered in luxury in the heart of Old Montreal...The friendly, helpful staff treated us like Royals (without being pretentious), and were very patient as we practiced our rudimentary French. If you can afford this property, Book a Reservation, NOW....if you are "country bumpkins" like us, watch for deals through Jetsetter (part of the TripAdvisor family).
The hotel is at ground level and there is a ramp to get to first floor rooms and elevators (a BIG plus for mobility impaired travelers who also travel with a small dog). Bathroom has 2 sinks, big tub and separate 'hand-held' shower set-up with good grab bars inside, however we did have to ask for a shower chair & 'non-slip rubber mat' (which arrived promptly) also, we left a note on the hotel's "Comments Sheet", to consider adding an additional grab bar at shower entryway. Our room had a large living room with a '3-way European window/door combination' w/ a step-up to a cute (only semi-private after restaurant closes) terrace w/ table & 2 chairs (overlooking the outside garden/dining area). LR also had a TV, pull-out couch, fully equipped kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, silverware, plates etc...even pots & pans.; a separate bedroom w/ doors and a 2nd TV and lots of closet space. You are allowed 3 Nespresso pods per day at no charge (just ask housekeeping), and for Breakfast we took the concierges recommendation to go right around the corner to Maison Christian Faure at 355 Place Royale -- an authentic French Patisserie. You can sit & eat there or, buy a loaf of Brioche and Voila, you have breakfast for many mornings (expensive but worth it, and cheaper than room service). The concierges are more than helpful with everything and will book dinner reservations for you each night and have a cab waiting whenever requested and unbeknown to us "Maxime" mentioned this was our Anniversary to Restaurant Laloux and we were surprised with a candle and special desserts at the end of our delicious meal....Le Saint-Sulpice knows how to make their guests feel special!
Don't forget to go inside the Notre-Dame Basilica next door and be "Wowed!".
Would be a dream to go back to this truly amazing Hotel....I'll keep watching for 'special deals' online ;-))

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, tell them your desires...they will accommodate...THAT is who they are!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, location and services provided by our team. We look forward to seeing you back on your next trip to Montreal.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at the Saint-Sulpice on a very busy business trip, and my first thought when I entered the room was: what a shame I won't have any time to enjoy this. My room had a spacious living room, a small kitchenette and a separate bedroom. Sofa and bed were very comfortable. The bathroom was big, and the shower was excellent, but the bath did get a little slippery.
Each day of my conference started with breakfast at the office, so I didn't get a chance to try the hotel's breakfast. The lobby, bar and restaurant did look very inviting. On the night we arrived we managed a drink at the bar, and service was good.
Reception staff was also very friendly. One day when I came back my key didn't work, which always annoys me a little bit. The only really negative thing I can say about the hotel is that the wireless internet was excruciatingly slow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will be able to take advantage of your room for a longer period on your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfect location in Old Montreal and for our first visit. Staff is professional and helpful, both rooms we had were clean and large. Historic building (six floors) in excellent condition, charming lobby and bar area. Its a good location for restaurants, sights and some shopping (touristy). Close enough to the subway and exploring other areas of the city. Safe and comfortable neighborhood, we would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: its either street side (think old european narrow cobble stone and charming) or garden/city view bot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank HappytrailsSF
StSulpiceManagement, General Manager at Le Saint-Sulpice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay & Old Montreal location. We look forward to seeing you back soon.