SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal
  • Pool
LHotel(Montreal)
  • Room Service
1,174 results
All reviewsold montrealgreat locationmake your own wafflesvalet parkingauberge strue notre damefree breakfastsmall poolsofa bedoffice buildingyogurtthe breakfast areafridge and microwavefront desk staffliving areaplace jacques cartierpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Comfortable Marriott bed, good value, great location in the heart of the Old Port. Not trendy or Luxurious but perfect for our vacation to Montreal. It seems that the designers took a normal sized hotel room and efficiently designed a compact little suite. Not a lot of room to maneuver around the bed but enough. We found the sink, fridge, microwave, table and counter in the little kitchen alcove very usable. With breakfast included it was great value. In short we loved our stay in this Marriott Suite Hotel.

Our room 614 had a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence River.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martincelm
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I'm surprised that Marriott have included this in their portfolio. It was totally inadequate, I could say unacceptable, for what was described as a suite for three people.

As expected, the bed for the third person was a pull-out sofa. What wasn't expected was that we needed to move other furniture to be able to fold the bed out but even this left no space for the other occupants to move around the room.

It was advertised as having a kitchenette. I don't think a sink and a microwave oven, with no equipment or even plates or glasses, can be called a kitchenette. The breakfast which was included in the tariff was very limited and not up to standard for a hotel in a major city.

We certainly wouldn't use it again and can't recommend it for anybody.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank fxoc
Ilona A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear fxoc,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The majority of our suites are 25% larger than a regular hotel room, and have space for sleeping, working, and relaxing. Depending on where they are located in the hotel, some do have more space than others. As well, our Deluxe suites offer even more spacious accommodations. Per Marriott standards, we consider a kitchenette to include a small fridge, a microwave (which includes plates and cutlery), and a countertop and bar sink, with coffee maker, cups and glasses. Our breakfasts were modified last summer to offer an even greater choice and more healthy options for our guests, so they now include fresh fruit, Greek yogurt and a variety of toppings, sliced ham and cheese, as well as hot eggs etc.

Best regards,

Ilona A

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here with a six month old baby. Our room had a kitchenette, which was very useful! The room was not overly large, particularly with a playpen folded out, but enough room for our purposes.

The valet parking was well run and quick. The front desk had a snack area which was useful. The pool was small but clean. The hot tub was the smallest I've ever seen - my jetted tub at home is actually bigger, but it worked and it was quiet in there. Location was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank The-McCormick-Family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I gave this hotel 5 stars not because it's the greatest, most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in, but because I think the value and location far exceed the price. This hotel is right in the heart of the Old Port area and may very well be the only affordable option in that area. Sure, there are some awesome trendy boutique hotels in the surrounding blocks, but sometimes you just want somewhere affordable for a quick weekend away. The room was huge, with a livingroom area and kitchen area. It was far larger and nicer than we expected. The linens were crisp and new and the bed was huge. The complimentary breakfast is a nice touch. Almost no one offers free breakfast in Canada anymore. There was sausages, eggs, waffles, and even porridge. There is a small pool and hot tub. I read some people's complaints on here and wonder if they know where they're staying. If you just want something comfortable and affordable in the Old area, this is probably your best option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joshiewoshie
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Combining business and pleasure, we had the opportunity of visiting Montreal and staying at the Marriott SpringHill Suites in May. Our first room had the air conditioner blowing DIRECTLY onto one side of the bed. By the second night, I asked if we could be switched to a room that had two AC units in the suite (so we could keep the LR air on while in bed). We were moved to room 613. This room is a pretty special room … a person can hear EVERYTHING that is spoken on the balcony below! We phoned down and asked if the guests (and they just happened to be the owner’s daughter’s future husband and friends) could keep the noise/music down and respect the fact that there are other people above and below them. Amy phoned the next day … we did get a day’s worth of Marriot points reimbursed BUT was bullied “it’s going to be like this until Sunday … If you don’t like it you are free to move to another hotel”. At first I was pretty amazed that ANY Marriott person would actually say something like that … then, the entertainment began. Amy allowed us to be included in so many conversations about the hotel, owner, his daughter (and how they feel about her) … even defecation was discussed. Once, we even had a broken window arm and when the repairman came up to fix it, even he was amazed … calling down to the front desk to ask them to tell the guests to settle down. My caution is that is YOU are the one’s who rent out the balcony rooms on the 5th floor … KNOW that windows open or closed, AC on or off, TV on or off … ALL IS HEARD. Be careful. As for the hotel itself, we had no problem with anyone except Amy who seems to be the person in charge and pretty good at bullying / threatening. We even wrote to the Marriott Corporation, Amy phoned the next day and literally portrayed NO sympathy toward our disruptive stay when it came to the nonsense going on below us. Bottom line (according to Amy) you either like what you get or MOVE ON. In the end, the entertainment (and information) was pretty eye opening.

Room Tip: Be careful when choosing a balcony room (YOU CAN BE HEARD)!!! Also, if you want QUIET ... stay away from the balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TripsPA
Ilona A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Trips PA,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us, and apologize that there were disruptions and noise issues. However, I would like to clarfiy a few points with you. I can assure you that the entire Front Desk team, including Amy, took your issues seriously and did their utmost to resolve them. As I did myself, as you spoke with me on a few occasions. Immediately upon hearing your noise complaints, Amy contacted me, and we both went and personally spoke to the offending room (they were not the owner's daughter. This in incorrect information). I agree it took a few efforts on our part to quiet them down, but as this was 4pm in the afteroon, we also felt that a certain amount of festivities were acceptable. However, we do know the entire wedding party left for an event at 7pm and no more noise issues were experienced on that evening or subsequent evenings, due in large part to the extra vigilance of our team. I can also assure you that no one was discussing our other guests inappropriately, as I am not sure where you might have overheard these conersations. I do not believe you were threatened or bullied, as I know our team spent most of your stay ensuring that we took good care of your needs. However, when we feel our guests may be better served elsewhere, we do mention this as an option.

Again, we are very sorry that you feel we were not sympathetic towards you, but I can assure you we all did everything within our power to meet your expectations.

Best regards,