“A lovely B&B, wonderful owner”

La Petite Bourgeoise
Ranked #29 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
“A lovely B&B, wonderful owner”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The owner Joanne was very pleasant, and she really went out of her way to make a wonderful breakfast! The decor was nice, and the bathrooms were incredibly clean. Do take note that the bathroom is shared as with most B&Bs, however there are 2 bathroom for the 3 bedrooms so this was never an issue. Also take note that the location is not directly downtown, however the bus stops right outside the B&B, so this was not an issue either, and the neighborhood was nice and quiet. Overall, a really nice 2 night stay- I would certainly recommend to any friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Province of Treviso, Italy
Reviewed 5 February 2014

the best thing here is breakfast: no matter if you stay 1 or 10 nights, every morning you'll find a new one. the host is great, she'll give you all the info you need about the city and the recommended sites. the room was nice, very clean. I won't give the best vote because the bathroom is outside the room and that's a bit annoying also because you have to share it with other guests

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My cell was temporarily out of order and I needed to call a cab at one point. There was no ground line available to guests. The proprietor was a very nice woman who was a bit older-who had a cell phone if guests needed to make a call but that was only available until 9pm-after that time she departed and there was no ground line in the place to use at all which surprised me a bit since it is a staple of the hospitality industry for obvious reasons. I ended up having to walk four blocks or more to find a pay phone in the area. Also the proprietor was not present when some guests arrived in the afternoon-from far away-so I found myself in the position of being the one who checked their reservations and let them in-as f I worked there. It was not meant to be that way but it was that way. I tend to stick with what is rather than what is intended in terms of how I judge something. The breakfasts were very good-creative and served with a friendly attitude. This is not the jewel of the Nile though. The surrounding area besides the park is poor. Someone actually tried to start a fight with me in a local diner because I didn't give them directions fast enough for their liking. Local city bus service was hit/miss-sometimes not showing up at the time on the schedule. There was an eight hour power failure in the area when I was there which could be a security issue at night-as in there were no street lights. The rooms was small for the price-to me-and the TV set was also quite small for the price-to me. I like being outside when its warm but if the temperature is above 100 I prefer being inside. Being inside at this location was to be in a stylish yet cramped room. I think friendliness from a host is great but this place really needed to have a phone for guests, etc. I give it an average based on the positive attitude of the host-not based on what I was near etc. There was free internet-if you didn't mind standing up to use the computer.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank footloose888
Winters, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We enjoy staying in neighborhoods of great cities that are not in the center of town. Learning to navigate transit systems and walking around the outskirts is our way of feeling less like a tourist, and more of a temporary local.

La Petite Bourgeoise was the perfect bed and breakfast. We had a fabulous spacious room that was immaculate. The entire house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Joanne, our innkeeper, was amazing. She prepared a huge gourmet breakfast each morning, and accommodated it to our preferred time. She was an excellent tour advisor and helped recommend sites to see and how to get there. She had a full mini fridge available for us, with drinks and snacks whenever we wanted. She even offered to do our laundry (for a nominal fee), and drive us to the Metro on our last day, to avoid the rain. Joanne spoiled us. No other B&b will could compare.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Fantastic experience in Montreal. Johanne is fully dedicated to her guests and the house is superb and romantic ! I recommend the breakfast which always fresh and very nice. Although located in Verdun, it is quite easy to take the metro and access the city center.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is the best stay in Montral with the greatest hostess in Johanne. She really makes you fell like family when your there and the meals are excellent. It made be never skip breakfast again after the great breakfasts I had here. The B & B is on a quiet street with the Bus to the downtown and subway only steps from the door. If your planning a trip to Montreal then this is the place you want to stay at. I will for sure return on future trips to Montreal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet here the Red room is just off the front door and office with the others in t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sassari, Italy
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I've been staying with Johanne at "la petit bourgeoisie" since October so I can really say that this place is amazing! First of all the house is really beautiful, elegant but comfortable and warm at the same time. The atmosphere is so relaxing and calm! The rooms are very beautiful, the furnitures are new and everything is clean and pure. My room is the red room, the smaller one but my favourite one. When the house was built this room was a study so half of the walls and the floor are covered with wooden, like the rest of the house, and I like it so much! There are 4 rooms: the orange room, the green room, the suite and the red room. There are two bathrooms really clean. The interior design and the decorations are the outcome of a amazing person, the owner. And obviously everything that she does is amazing. I forget to take a picture of the breakfast, but it's just like a piece of art. You have a lot of things to eat like muffin, croissants, bread, fresh and dried fruits, marmalade, orange juice, coffee, tea and cooked things really good. Everytime she cookes something different. She is a smart and kind person, really concerned about her work and the people that she meets. She always tries her best for her guests and I think she really does it. She can make you feel comfortable and if you need some indication she has maps and everything to help you. The place is really really beatiful. Next to here there's the riverside park where you can have a long walk near the river. If you want you can arrive till the rapids and far than that, till Lachine. Rue Wellington is near here too and is plenty of shops and restaurant where you can find anything (even Italian foods! I'm Italian so...). If you don't want to walk you can take the bus till the Metro station and from there you can reach downtown in about 10 minuts. I think that it's the perfect place because you have the park and the river next to you if you want to enjoy a walk on open air, but you can reach the city centre in 15 minuts with the transportation tools. The trasportations here in Montréal are really well organized and they have a convenient pass for one-day, three-day, one week, two-week and a month for metro+bus ride. And Johanne has the card if you need it. Summarizing, I think this place is indeed amazing. And If I'am to visit Montréal again, I will come back here for sure. Thank you Johanne!

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo