“Wonderful place!!!”

La Petite Bourgeoise
Ranked #30 of 145 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Johane is an amazing host! Everything is very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast is really great and very creative. Every day we had a new option. There are 2 shared bathrooms that are always extremely clean. Unless they are busy it's hard to notice that they are shared bathrooms. The closest subway station is around 15 minutes walking distance but there is a bus in the corner which is always on time and can take you to the station. The neighborhood has plenty of nice restaurants and a nice park by the river two blocks from the B&B.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was the second time that we stayed at La Petite Bourgeoise, this time with children. And again everybody had an extraordinary experience. The kids - who are more or less fussy about food, absolutely loved Johanne's breakfast. The B&B maintains the same high standard as 3 years ago when we first visited, everything is immaculate and Johanne is helpful in every way. She knows good restaurants, she knows what's going on in the city, she gives you good tips, she is really doing everything to make your stay there pleasurable.
The breakfasts are different every day, plenty, varied and there are snacks available all day long - which our kids loved!
We felt welcome in Johanne's home as if we were long-time friends!
The drive to the downtown core is less than 10 minutes and very easy to get to, and the B&B is about a 10-minute walk away from the river and trails - which are great for biking.
Thank you for a wonderful experience in your home!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I traveled to Montreal with our own bicycles because of the wonderful paths in and around the city for bicycling. We were not disappointed by the biking or our stay! We read previous reviews about this B&B so we knew we were outside of the center of the city. However, we were one block from the bike path that extends over 100km in and around Montreal. One path led us directly on the raceway of the Montreal Grand Prix two weekends prior to this year's event. What a thrill! As for Johanne and her immaculate B&B, we had a wonderful stay. We were treated to delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts. Johanne was extremely helpful answering all our questions. She had a locked shed for us to store our bicycles when not in use. The house is in a residential neighborhood and was a 10 minute walk to the subway station that brought us everywhere we needed to go. We parked our car out back and never used it again until we left. We fell in love with Montreal and will return again soon. When we do we will definitely stay at La Petite Bourgeoise!

Room Tip: All rooms and bathrooms are immaculate and tastefully decorated. There are two bathrooms, centrally...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The owner Joanne was very pleasant, and she really went out of her way to make a wonderful breakfast! The decor was nice, and the bathrooms were incredibly clean. Do take note that the bathroom is shared as with most B&Bs, however there are 2 bathroom for the 3 bedrooms so this was never an issue. Also take note that the location is not directly downtown, however the bus stops right outside the B&B, so this was not an issue either, and the neighborhood was nice and quiet. Overall, a really nice 2 night stay- I would certainly recommend to any friend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

the best thing here is breakfast: no matter if you stay 1 or 10 nights, every morning you'll find a new one. the host is great, she'll give you all the info you need about the city and the recommended sites. the room was nice, very clean. I won't give the best vote because the bathroom is outside the room and that's a bit annoying also because you have to share it with other guests

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My cell was temporarily out of order and I needed to call a cab at one point. There was no ground line available to guests. The proprietor was a very nice woman who was a bit older-who had a cell phone if guests needed to make a call but that was only available until 9pm-after that time she departed and there was no ground line in the place to use at all which surprised me a bit since it is a staple of the hospitality industry for obvious reasons. I ended up having to walk four blocks or more to find a pay phone in the area. Also the proprietor was not present when some guests arrived in the afternoon-from far away-so I found myself in the position of being the one who checked their reservations and let them in-as f I worked there. It was not meant to be that way but it was that way. I tend to stick with what is rather than what is intended in terms of how I judge something. The breakfasts were very good-creative and served with a friendly attitude. This is not the jewel of the Nile though. The surrounding area besides the park is poor. Someone actually tried to start a fight with me in a local diner because I didn't give them directions fast enough for their liking. Local city bus service was hit/miss-sometimes not showing up at the time on the schedule. There was an eight hour power failure in the area when I was there which could be a security issue at night-as in there were no street lights. The rooms was small for the price-to me-and the TV set was also quite small for the price-to me. I like being outside when its warm but if the temperature is above 100 I prefer being inside. Being inside at this location was to be in a stylish yet cramped room. I think friendliness from a host is great but this place really needed to have a phone for guests, etc. I give it an average based on the positive attitude of the host-not based on what I was near etc. There was free internet-if you didn't mind standing up to use the computer.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank footloose888
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We enjoy staying in neighborhoods of great cities that are not in the center of town. Learning to navigate transit systems and walking around the outskirts is our way of feeling less like a tourist, and more of a temporary local.

La Petite Bourgeoise was the perfect bed and breakfast. We had a fabulous spacious room that was immaculate. The entire house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Joanne, our innkeeper, was amazing. She prepared a huge gourmet breakfast each morning, and accommodated it to our preferred time. She was an excellent tour advisor and helped recommend sites to see and how to get there. She had a full mini fridge available for us, with drinks and snacks whenever we wanted. She even offered to do our laundry (for a nominal fee), and drive us to the Metro on our last day, to avoid the rain. Joanne spoiled us. No other B&b will could compare.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple