“Really nice”

Ranked #81 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Milan, Italy
“Really nice”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. A really nice and familiar creating atmosphere hotel. My room was quite small but had all what I needed. Good bed, a/c, TV, shower, bed side tables and a little wardrobe. I will surely choose this hotel again if coming back in Montreal!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Pietro T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Knowsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, the hotel is in superb location, around the corner from the Metro, up the road from the Bus station and a small walk downtown. The staff behind the desk were very helpful from the moment I arrived. My room was a double and it was rather spacious, the toilet wasn’t so big but that wasn’t so much a problem. I slept fine most nights, my room was on the top floor (no lift) however there are only two sets of stairs nothing neck breaking. The room was cleaned every day, no issues there. The only problem I had was the heat of the hotel, coming in from a humid temperature into the hotel which was worse. The air con in the room was OK, it cooled the room down slightly. That was my only problem with this hotel.

Overall, the hotel is in superb location and clean, comfortable rooms. When I visit Montreal which I intend to as it is a fantastic city, I will be staying at Hotel De Paris again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here during Dec 2013, the hotel has a great location right down town but is not very accessible. There is no indoor parking available - street parking only. Th ebuilding itself is beautiful, unique and full of character. The front desk attendants were very pleasant and helpfull. Our room however was INCREDIBLY small, and the bathroom did not have hot water for a shower (maybe plumbing problems due to the old nature of the building).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elliot M
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We weren't sure where to stay when we went on vacation and we just chose a random hotel on our first night. After a bit of research on our second day, we found this cozy little place and instantly agreed that this was where we would be staying for the remainder of our trip.

It was very quiet, which was nice and relaxing, yet walking distance from a few interesting places as well. The receptionists were amazingly nice and helpful and had no issue getting us a cab very fast. The outside of the hotel reminded me of an old castle, which was pretty cool. There was a homely Thai restaurant right below which provided free breakfasts with your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We looked forward to our stay at this hotel but was unfortunately very disappointed. Staff were not too welcoming and helpful and the room we were allocated was extremely small and up in the roof on the last floor...nothing like those advertised. Location is not too bad. All and all not too great.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The biggest issue that I had with this place is that we were stuffed into a room beneath a staircase and directly adjacent to the lobby. Because of this bizarre location we could hear everything that was happening in the lobby all-night-long; checking-in, checking-out, telephone calls, chatter at 4 AM, etc. Did not sleep at all for the 3 nights we stayed here. I requested at the front desk for the door that separates the lobby from the hallway where the rooms are located to be closed, but even this simple request could not be granted by the hotel staff. The hotel staff has zero clue about how to be hospitable to guests. They fail to explain the amenities of the hotel (like that fact that breakfast is located in a Thai restaurant next to the hotel).

Room Tip: Do not stay here. There are a plethora of other hotels in this section of the city that are also lo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As we drove to the quaint Hotel De Paris that I had selected from a picture on the internet we were amazed that it was even more beautiful then the pictures. We walked up those stairs that were hand made many, many years ago that could present a challenge for some. These stairs could be what would stop a few people from enjoying the beautiful architect of the Inn. The old style of the hotel has been kept and if you ask about the history I hope you get the story of the little Inn as Tristan told it to me. Simply wonderful. Close enough to the Palais des Congres where we were heading. Our room was small but very clean.Make sure to go and eat at the little restaurant at the bottom of the stairs called Pamika Brasserie Thai, the Pad Thai was the best we have ever had and the service was wonderful (make sure to sit at the bar and talk to the young man).

Room Tip: We were comfortable, tip just make sure if there is a problem with noise from the neighbors room, yo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business