“FINALLY MADE IT& IT WAS SOOOOO WORTH IT!!”
Review of Magpie Pizza

Magpie Pizza
Ranked #762 of 5,722 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Gourmet pizza at its best in trendy neighbourhood.
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA
“FINALLY MADE IT& IT WAS SOOOOO WORTH IT!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had ben hearing about Magpie for ages & always had to cancle but we finaally made & it was so worth it.
The atmosphere,the staff & the menu all a delight.
we started with a well priced bottle of Merlot-and then
we had a crab salad-special of the day- just delicious-follwed by the best artichoke pizza I ever had-just perfect combination of atrichokes ,spinach & cheese & my friend had a Margherita pizza that was perfect- we shared a recommended brownie- worth the calories!!!
great place- will become a regular on my list of restos..
DONT MISS IT!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HADRA

Nice
“Another good place for pizza”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Well tried this place and the pizza was very good .Not a fancy place but I would go there again they have all kinds of pizza and have a nice wine list try it you will like it.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal
“Pizza is slopply”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The pizza dough was good; not too thin, but the topping were sloppy. Hard to eat with your hands. Restaurant is small so go early or you won't find a seat.

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Great all around”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Had dinner on a Friday night there with five friends. All were more than satisfied with their apps and pizzas. The charcuterie plate is a must try. Service was wonderful and the vibe perfect for an outing with buddies. Wines are reasonably priced and overall value is excellent.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious pizza-hidden secret no more!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Great service, fun atmosphere, small restaurant-48 people total (I counted!:)) Surprsingly the waitresses all spoke English which was a pleasant surprise in MOntreal...you never know....and we were right off St. Laurent Boulevard.
Amazingly delicious beet and goat cheese sald with slivers of apple & hazelnuts....yummy (gave thr hazelnuts to my husband)! My friend had athe ravioli entree which he said was very tasty. My husband had teh Magpie Caesar drink whih was very tasty adn differnt-they had tehir own version of celery salt (I couldnt' tell exactly what it ws but it was differnt-ask if you have a nut allergy because I thought there was something very crunchy!)
The Margherita pizza has boccocini on it but very limited quantities and a nice big sprig of fresh basil. The other couple we were with also ordered that one. There are four slices in the pizza and it's small, so if you'r a big eater or are hungry, keep one pizza for yourself and dont' share!
They also offer oysters but we didn't try them. Seems like a strange combination to have on the menu at a pizzeria. When I looked around there seemed to be a few intersting looking pizzas; only about 6 on the menu.
The four of us shared the dessert special which was ultra sweet but good for one spoonful-"Tarre au Chocolat -with caramel sauce and chantilly lace with rum.

Only issue was that my girlfirend and I were very hot due to being so close to the kitchen. We felt like we were baking in the oven. There are overhead fans but it didn't help!

• Visited December 2012