“Nice Spot !!”

Santos Tapas Bar
Ranked #2,768 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Tapas bar.
“Nice Spot !!”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Nice cocktail list and great vibe after diner !!
We stayed there all night and enjoyed the vibe !!
Food was not bad at all !!

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Good food, vibrant atmosphere, fair price”
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for dinner on a Friday night, attracted by the cool vibe and energetic music. We had paella, lobster nachos, spare ribs, chicken fajitas, and a tomato, cucumber & mozzarella salad, one cocktail each and a bottle of wine. We found all the dishes to be fresh, delicious, and plentiful (for tapas). The service was good, without being too obtrusive. The crowd was young-ish, attractive, and well dressed. They play cool, upbeat music which gives the place a nice energy. Our total meal was around $150(before tip). Fair value in my opinion. I would recommend to friends.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Overpriced, average music but had a great service!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I used to go to Santos every month during 2012. Lot of things did change since then (including food quality, dJ, etc). If you're looking for a club it's a nice dancing place (even that on the night we chose, it was average)

I have to say for tapas, this place is WAY overpriced- food and drinks included.
The price for a group menu was 40$ (it sounds reasonable at the beginning... until we realized that all plates (6 on the group menu) are split by 3 ppl). The total of the 6 services + dessert if ordered on the regular menu is 68$. So, we paid double (120$ = 40*3) because we're a group. Ultra Ridiculous!

The décor is very hip and the atmosphere was very cool.

The taste was below average if compared to other old Montreal places. I can make better salmon tartar and fajitas than their chef, without exaggeration!!!

We ordered:
Tomato, Cucumber and queso fresco salad (the caramelized pecans were yummy)
Spinach mascarpone and maple Feuillet (Below average).
Salmon Tartar (average)
Fried calamari (average)
Chicken fajitas (average with chicken not perfectly-cooked)
Mini burgers (didn't try it)
The Santos Paella (didn't try it)
Santiago cake (way below average and not fresh. half of our table didn't eat it after their first bit)

For the quality and portions of the food received, I wasn't satisfied. Adding the price, I'm officially disappointed and would never eat there again.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go spend your money elsewhere”
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

One of the most disappointing nights out ever. Starting from the doorman down to when it was time to pay the bill. Doorman was very disrespectful yelling and swearing the waitress overcharged me by 60 dollars on my bill so GREEDY not a good experience

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Costa808
New Hampshire, USA
“We dropped by after an evening walk about the old city”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We just dropped in after a stroll around the old city. We had a few drinks and some calamari. It was nice, friendly and pretty busy. The food was hot and good. Drinks were very good and service was good. We must have hit a good time to stop by.

• Visited February 2013