“Serves it's purpose ”

Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Ranked #80 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This was our second time staying at this hotel on our travels to the Dominican. The shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and vice versa was quick and the driver was polite . The service was good at the hotel we didn't have any issues there . Check in and check out went fairly quick . Only thing is our room was compliments of the travel agent and the hotel requires a deposit via credit card when you check in incase you charge anything to the room Which isn't a problem at all . But no one mentioned this so it's good to know before hand I think. the room was clean , fairly large and had everything we needed. We didn't eat there this time just because of the time we got in and the time we had to leave again . But the bar and restaurant in the hotel looked the same as it did the last time we visited. Our last time it was ok food but nothing special. The layout of the hotel is a little odd , with a pool in the centre as a atrium surrounded by all the rooms . I could see people staying near there getting annoyed very quick as it's surrounded by cobble stone so the rolling suit cases are super loud . Our room was second floor at the back so we had no issue. For me the hotel was good , and served it's purpose so no complaints really .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Nicole B

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you have a nice stay with us.
We hope to welcome you soon back at the hotel

Have a great day

Room division Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Montreal Airport

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Got a great government rate only $100, but it came with only one breakfast, Spoke to the desk in the morning they accommodated the two of us. Beds were well worn with mattress curving in the middle, porcelain chipped away from the bathtub, tiny bathroom with leaky bathtub faucet. Standards are way lower than nearby Marriott's we usually stay at. But it was cheap! For the extra $20 I should have stayed at the Marriott.
Good breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear norman18,

I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We did remodeling the hotel 3 years ago and we are still working to improve everyday and your comment will help us to focus on the points your are reporting.
We hope to welcome you back soon,
Have a great day

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am a Gold Elite member and I have filled out maybe 5 surveys of this place sent to me by Holiday Inn and have never heard back from them so here goes: I have no choice but to stay here once or twice a month, and it is literally the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have been in some bad hotels. It is consistent in how bad it is. A small list of problems we have had: mold in the shower, gum on the lamps, broken/missing deadbolt and locks (this is a consistent and CREEPY problem), broken air conditioning, rooms smelling of smoke, LOUD (I don't know who designed to put a cobblestone walkway beside one wing of rooms, but they should be subjected to sleeping there when rolling bags go through), ANTS in the bathtub, and a neon green light over a walkway outside which, incredibly, and to the manufacturer's credit, cannot be muted by blackout blinds.

For my current visit, I asked the front desk for a room with a microwave and was told he couldn't provide one. Fine. But when I asked why some of the rooms have microwaves and some don't, that answer could not be provided to me. Do NOT trust the amenities list because it differs from room to room: some do not have mini fridges, some do not hvae microwaves, some you get a bottle of water some don't, etc. etc.

The only asset to this hotel that I can see are the staff who are incredibly accommodating within the boundaries of a horrible hotel.

And don't even get me started on the shuttle service to the hotel! It is amazing that this is an airport hotel since it is incredibly hard to get between the two buildings.

This hotel needs a major overhaul and someone from corporate or management needs to address these problems. For a female I would like to suggest the first one to be to fix all the locks!!!

2  Thank 122Courtney
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear 122Courtney,

I am deeply sorry to hear your comments about the stays you made at the hotel. We did big renovations less than three years ago, so I am disappointed to hear that you don t like them. We do have some items like micro wave and fridge and we always try our best to provide what you need but it is always depending on availability. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at aboutin@rosdevhotels.com in order to hear more about the problems you experienced and give you an adapted solution. As you said, rest assure that our staff will always be here to provide the best service in order to make your day and stay great.
Have a nice day,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Had to catch a 7 am flight to Mexico City and have a place to leave my car for the whole month of February. This was ideal. Coming off the 40 this can be a difficult place to get to if you miss the right exit...Use Google Maps! The room was clean and quiet. Had a great steak dinner in the restaurant. Enjoyed the atrium with pool. The shuttle to the airport was on time and got us to the airport in plenty of time. Friendly and helpful management. Good free Internet. Ask where to catch the shuttle at the airport upon your return. When I got back a month later was car was safe and sound if buried in snow...not the hotel's fault...lol...Cost extra to leave the car two more weeks but very reasonable. I'll be back again this winter. Merci!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear letitiaottawa,

Thank you for your nice comment about your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you had a stay complying with your expectations. We will be happy to welcome you back for a nice winter in Montreal.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our first impression of this property was waiting about an hour for the "frequent" courtesy bus to the hotel from the airport. This was in the mid-evening after a long flight. After 30 minutes I phoned the hotel and was told the bus was on its way - it obviously wasn't, as it wasn't that far. I complained to the driver and was ignored. I complained at check-in and was ignored. I complained at check out and "Sorry about that" was the response, but there was no hint of any compensation - like a reduction on our bill. The suite, though large, was dark and the kitchen area had no crockery or cutlery. The hotel overall was overdue a renovation (as was the attitude of the staff!). Breakfast was also somewhat confusing. There were two styles in the same restaurant - a self service (mainly cold) buffet and a full service a la carte. We'd paid a room rate that included breakfast and on arrival in the restaurant we led to believe that this only covered the buffet - however when we were nearly finished our meal we gained the impression from the restaurant manager, who came to collect our voucher, that we could have had the a la carte option. Part of the problem probably related to the imperfect English of the Quebecois staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SHIMRATH

Dear Shimrath,

I would like to tank you first for taking the time to post you comment about you stay at the hotel. I deeply apologize for the problems you encountered. We are working hard about the shuttle service and I will definitely talk to the front desk staff in order to be more aware of how to compensate this kind of trouble. I am sorry about the lack of cutlery in your room, I already talked to the head housekeeper in order to be more efficient on that matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at aboutin@rosdevhotels.com if you would like to give me more details about your experience. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in order to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My first indication was that this was the only hotel around the airport NOT sold out a night before.
When I arrived, it seemed ok (Airport hotels always get abused, so that was expected). There is an indoor pool with a large atrium in the center of the rooms, but it makes the place feel cheesy, and smell like clorine.

When I got to my room, it was definitely worn out. I didn't really care, but when I realized the heat was not working I started to get annoyed. I called the front desk, was put on hold, and waited and waited. No one ever picked up, so I went downstairs where there was nothing occupying the desk staff. They gave me the room next to the first, and apologized. Ok, fine.

I decide to get some room service, so I pick up the dirty, tattered menu in the room which had about 4 main course selections. I called room service, the phone rang and rang. Again, no one picked up. I decide to go to the bar since it would be quicker. The menu was much different from the one in the room.
I order a Stella, and then pull out my PriorityClub coupon for a free draft beer, the bartender told me "it's no good" because it is an import - nothing on the coupon says anything about imports. I shrug it off. I order a chewy NY strip with fries and an overdressed, slimy ceasar salad.

I notice that he gave me a second Stella, which I did not ask for- I only drink 1 beer.
When I asked for my check, I see there is a charge for 2 beers. I tell him I never asked for a second, he replies "That's happy hour - it's 1 beer for $8, 2 for $10, I can't change it". I only wanted ONE beer, and I expected that to be free with my coupon. Now I'm paying $40 for a crappy steak and one beer before tip? Severely confused and disgusted at this point, I decided to make my very first TripAdvisor review after being a weekly traveler for 3 years now.

Cheers.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the outside perimeter, not one which faces the inside atrium.
2  Thank Mechatron88
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Mechatron88,
On behalf of the hotel’s staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties that you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that it is our priority to make our guest’s stay with us as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. I am very sorry to hear that this was not the case the last time you stayed with us. We have taken your comments into consideration with the utmost seriousness and have proceeded to take all the necessary steps to ensure that the problems you encountered were dealt with as promptly as possible. We take it upon ourselves to effectively solve any problems our guests may encounter. We welcome you to contact us directly if there is anything you would like to address in more detail; we would be more than glad to hear your opinion and suggest an appropriate solution. We also welcome you to visit us again very soon and are certain that your next stay with us will be far more enjoyable than your last. Once again, I offer you my most genuine apologies and thank you for sharing your discontent with us. It is only through your valued feedback that we can ever better ourselves.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

During my two day stay I was able to use the restaurant and relax in the Atrium. he room was clean and quiet. The hotel is near the airport and easy to get in and out of. there is plenty of parking in the back. I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: the rooms near the Atrium are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear charlien32,

thank you for taking the time to post a nice comment about your stay at the hotel. We are delighted to hear that we reach our goal to make "great hotels, guests love".
We hope to welcome you back for another great stay in Montreal.