“I have come to expect more”

Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Ranked #78 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“I have come to expect more”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Wow what a disappointment. I have to echo other reviewer's getting to your room is a nightmare. "Go left, then right, then right again and then left." It was a maze.
This is a tired property inside. Corridors and rooms are not what you would expect from the Holiday Inn brand. There are walls with paint missing and carpets look tired and worn.
The room was not all that different. The throw on one of the beds had a cigarette burn. I am fairly certain that housekeeping supervisors/managers do not do spot checks as there are several deficiencies.
The front desk staff when I arrived were attentive only after dealing with other staff members (restaurant and I think a driver)
The atrium and pool area look inviting and were a pleasant surprise. It would appear that just outside my room in the summer is a water fun area for the kids.
I will say that the welcome gift for an IHG member is nice however it does not make up for the lack of basics for the brand.

Pros
Pool area
Welcome gift for IHG members

Cons
Overall cleanliness
Tired furnishings and fixtures

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark S
Kathleen M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hello Mark S,
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sorry you felt that getting to your room was a challenge. I do agree that the layout of the property is extensive but we provide our guests with a map to ensure everyone gets to their room efficiently. We recently renovated all our double rooms in order to provide a fresh new look to our hotel. I can assure you that I have advised my housekeeping department of the issues noticed in your room and made sure corrective measures were applied immediately I am happy to hear that the front desk staff met your expectations. Our outdoor waterpark and indoor atrium are unique features that we are happy to provide our guests and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It was clear upon arrival that this hotel does not value its employees or its establishment. We arrived after 12:30AM to a gentleman who looked like he just woke up, very disheveled. Getting to your room is a nightmare the directions were literally, "Go left, then right, then right again and then left." It was a maze meant for a rat and the walls and floors (as stated by other guests) were dirty and dark. It was 12:30AM at night, I understand it was nighttime but there were NO lights.

The room itself was oddly placed and not meant for people to actually inhabit. The bathroom sink, including the table it normally sits on, was OUTSIDE the bathroom because the actual bathroom was too small. There was a bath tub with shower head and toilet TOUCHING the bathtub. It was maybe 5 ft by 5ft if lucky. Having the sink and everything in front of the door when you walk in is also very awkward.

The shuttle in the morning was late, not surprising based on everything else but also, the shuttle driver drove to the hotel next door. Went in and picked up something for himself and then got back in. We were furious that we were left in the vechicle for the fact that he wanted something, not to pick up passengers.

My tip would be to NEVER stay here again. Unless you are with your husband and family and flashlights. I didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kendryx
Kathleen M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello,
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was disapointing. I would like to ask you to please contact us so we may discuss this furthers. Please call the hotel directly at 514-739-3391 and ask to speak to the Director of Operations. I can assure we can make things right
Uberlandia, MG
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I think a was lucky. In the check-in a asked for a quiet room because I read about a pool in the center of the hotel and the restaurant near by the rooms. I was promptly set in a part of the hotel that I not even saw the pool. The room was large enough for two persons, the bath room a bit small, the television was ok as so the room service. I missed a lot a frigobar. As a suggestion the carpets should be changed for a new one. The parking has a different way to be controlled, the credit card of the guest can open the gates. I think a credit card is a import tool to pay any thing but not to open doors. Important, there is a big mall with restaurants and market about 1,5 miles away.
At all I had a nice stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Durighetto D
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments while staying with us. I am happy that we were able to provide with a quiet room with all the amenities we have to offer. As far as the carperts are concerned I can assure that I have made a note of it and will look into it. Our parking gates are operated by credit card access for security reasons, This way it allows us to better control our ins and out without any transactions being generated. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have the pleasure to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

As you walk around this hotel from the pool, to the restaurant, to the corridors, everything is dirty and baldy maintained. The staff is lousy and really not motivated to work there. The company that owns these hotels are known to be the slumlords of hotels and are extremely cheap. I am very surprised people would actually sleep in this hotel. There are so many hotels in the area that are a lot nicer (and cleaner!) that this one.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Alex S,

Krysllin G.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Room is always clean and the beds are comfortable. Free shuttle to the airport is appreciated. Food is ok but service is always good. Never used the pool etc as I have always only stayed for the night but it seems to be a hit with families.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Maree C,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your overall experience. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joel B
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Unique indoor pool area with beautiful palm trees which is quite surprising for an airport hotel. Perfect place for family and children. The Atrium area has a great pond with fish. It also holds very nice seating areas and a gaming section for entertainment. Massages are also available in the spa, for very reasonable prices. It is a great hotel that I will definitely return to and I recommend this for people who have children or for a quick weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Alexandra S,
I wanted to express my gratitude for your great reveiw. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations while you stayed with us. I hope you will consider our hotel next time you are travelling into the Dorval Airport area.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is an older Holiday Inn with a nice lobby and bar area. The restaurant is ok but the meals and drinks are quite expensive. The sprawling layout to the rooms takes a little while to work out. As a business traveller I am not a fan of the inside water park as it gives a damp / chlorine smell to the place. However, noting the squeals of pleasure from the various kids in the pool my assessment might be different if I had my family with me. The rooms are old and could do with some updating but the bed was great allowing an excellent sleep. The staff are really nice and helpful. There is nothing much around in the way of restaurants so if you don't have a car it's quite isolated. Shuttle to and from airport is good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear SPD2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G