Hotel Le St-James
  • Room Service
W Montreal(Montreal)
Hotel Bonaparte(Montreal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful hotelbank buildingsuperior junior suiteold montrealroom serviceturn down serviceeach eveninghotel experiencebeautiful roomlarge bathroomthe ritzhigh ceilingsvisiting montrealxospaconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2009

That is the only word that can come close to describing the experience of this fabulous hotel. There can no possibly be another hotel to compare with the charm, refinement, service and staff attitude than at Le St-James. The staff actually thinks and anticipates your requests. Rooms a generously sized .. bath is perfect and quality and selection of amenities are excellent. Small breakfast buffet is perfect and ambience is better. You will not have enjoyed Montreal if you do not stay at this gem. We paid about $200 and I have never been as satisfied nor have I been as reluctant to leave a hotel. We will be back!
don.brown@brownchild.com

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank don b
Reviewed 3 October 2009

My husband & I stayed here 2 nights in September for our anniversary. The service is truly remarkable; the staff are all professional and courteous. The building is beautiful and our room was very nice. We stayed in one of their basic rooms and found it to be quite large and comfortable. The bathroom was roomy with a separate tub and large shower with multiple shower heads and great water pressure. The dining room was closed for renovations so we didn't eat at the hotel (it re-opened the day after we left). We had a couples massage and I highly recommend their spa experience. The spa is beautiful and the atmosphere truly one of the best I've experienced. The location of the hotel is quite central to all. We live in the Montreal area and knew we could walk to most attractions, restaurants we wanted to visit. It was expensive but you do get what you pay for here. The one item I found a bit off was the amount they charged for parking but it would not deter me from staying again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank llams
Reviewed 29 September 2009

M ife and I had th great pleasure of being guest at Le St-James. We have travelle th world and have stayed in may fne hotels. Le St-James i a pearl. Not only because of the physic aspects but because of te personel. Simply, professional, friendly and warm. We highly recommend this boutque hote and we will definately be back.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

When my husband and I arrived for our weekend getaway, the door was promptly opened for us by a man who looked as elegant and ceremonious as a Buckingham Palace guard but shared a gracious smile with me. We were dressed casually ( very casually!!) but we were treated exactly as well as the other guests who were dressed impeccably and on their way to the penthouse. This was just the introduction to one of the most delightful relaxing weekends I have had in years! We were spoiled- all of the staff spoke to us by name and any questions, or more importantly, recommendations and reservations for dining or entertainment were taken care of for us by the very approachable concierge. Turndown was perfect, our room was kept impeccable and I have not slept as deeply as I did this weekend since before I had children! This was an A++++++

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This hotel is a real gem. It is small and tucked away on a busy corner, but boy does it have a lot to offer. Starting with the doorman Martin, all the way through the entire staff, this hotel aims to please. The lobby is elegant and offers tea and coffee in a gorgeous library. The rooms were amazing -- large and decorated with very old world style in keeping with the building and sleekly modern skillfully mixed in. The bathrooms were stunning with one of the best showers I have ever had. I also understand the restaurant is one of the best in Montreal. Unfortunately it was closed for renovations on our visit, but looked like an extraordinary room and is said to have fabulous cuisine. And the spa is worth a trip even if you opt not to have a treatment there -- it is a gorgeous room worthy of a picture on its own. The hotel is located in proximity to several wonderful restaurants and sightseeing areas. I cannot say enough about this hotel ,and while our stay was short, I plan to rectify that and return for a longer stay to better enjoy the property.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family