“Trendy Boutique Hotel”
Review of LHotel

LHotel
Ranked #19 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at LHotel based on other tripadvisor reviews, and were pleasantly surprised at how comparable the prices were to other hotels in the area. Plus, the location was perfect! When we arrived, the building had just lost power, but they still got us into our room with no wait. Overall great hotel, nice rooms, comfy beds, and fun decor.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelGalAnge
There are newer reviews for LHotel

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at L'Hotel. Skeptical on arrival due to compact reception area but wait to be impressed. The room was spacious, clean and lovely. A terrific choice for a longer stay. Not claustrophic at all. The hotel is an art museum parading as a hotel. The stay was very friendly and very helpful. The location near Notre Dame Basilica and the waterfront is very convenient. Restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol1Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at hotel during the last week of October, during a conference which took place in the Palais des Congres of Montreal. I chose it as more interesting (and slightly cheaper) alternative to the "usual" conference hotels, namely Hyatt, Intercontinental, etc. And I am so glad I did!

The location is very good. less than 2min walk to the convention center and Place d'Armes metro station, and close to all the places in Vieux Montreal.

Right from its entrance, you see that it's a special hotel. The decor and art pieces make it look extravagant yet not overly so. This carries on to all the hallways too.

My room (which was the basic one I believe) was spacious, very clean and overall the decor was really nice. I enjoyed coming back to it. My best effort at nitpicking was not successful!

The service I encountered was good. All of the staff were helpful and nice, usually with a smile too.

My only complaint is about the breakfast: I've tried it twice, and though the quality is good, the selection isn't what I'm used to. For example, there were no vegetables, no omelettes (only hard boiled eggs) which is uncommon. I felt it was not worth the cost - there are many excellent places to have breakfast less than 300m from the hotel, with better value for your money.

So overall it's one of the best hotel experiences I had, and the competitive price made it that much worth it. Highly recommended. As for the breakfast - well - there are alternatives.

Room Tip: I was very happy with my room - 408 ("Chambre Stella")
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DorAmram
Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a nice boutique hotel in old Montreal. The rooms are large and well furnished. Its like a big house that has been converted into a hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There is modern art on all the walls everywhere. The owner is a collector of art and cars - he has a rolls or two and at least five ferrari's I was told. Breakfast room was spacious, airy and the food excellent - a nice buffet selection. Bed was very comfortable. Lots of restaurants near by so a good location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I found this on tripadvisor and it lived up to my expectation. We like older hotel and we're not disappointed. 12 foot ceiling in our first floor room. Even though it's older, the amenities are modern; bathroom was very clean and updated. Room was completely quiet. Hotel staff was very helpful and we have many options to walk to dinner. We'd stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at LHotel for two nights, and I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and courteous. I requested a feather-free room when I made my reservation, and Voila! it was waiting for me. I make this request of all hotels I visit, but most fail to pay attention to it, and I have to remind them when I arrive. It is pretty much a boutique hotel, six floors, and the staff seems to get to know their guests.

The reason I did not rate the LHotel five stars is because it does not have room service, nor vending machines, so if you get hungry late at night you have to venture outside and most nearby establishments close around 11 PM.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MsBolero2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a lovely hotel in the heart of Old Montreal. A personable and efficient staff although a more experienced bartender would be in order. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. Many restaurants within walking distance and Old Montreal is easy to explore from here. A very nice breakfast was included in the price. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple