“Fantastic Hotel - Highly Recommended”

Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were treated like special guests. The Luxury Room we rented which was well equipped, spotless and catered for all our needs. Even though we didn't speak much, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely go back when we visit Montréal again.

Room Tip: Know exactly what you want and expect as a guest; communicate this to the staff and you will have a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John R
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Bonjour John R,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments. I am so delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next trip!

Stephanie SEGOURA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The beds are the most comfortable beds ever! One of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. I also loved all the bath and body products which are from Lanvin. I would definitely stay at any Sofitel hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bonjour Michelle C,

Thank you for such a Magnifique review. We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Montreal and Sofitel Golden Mile soon.

boston
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked two rooms at the Sofitel for six nights. Although it was freezing the entire time that we were in Montreal, my family and I had a wonderful time and decided that we will definitely be back to Montreal when it is warmer. We had to leave after 5 nights due to a horrendous storm back home. As soon as I knew that we would have to leave, I contacted the front desk to ask if there was any way to obtain a refund for the two rooms for one night. I was immediately told no, we had booked a non-refundable rate. I said, ok, but we will be paying $500 and getting nothing in return. The weather issue is clearly not your fault but is there anything that you can do for compensation? I was told that the reservations manager would call me back. When she phoned, she said, sorry, you got a special rate, no refunds. I said that I understand but could you do anything in terms of compensation, a dinner, a breakfast, anything! At this point, we had spent over $500 on food, not to mention countless tips. She said, no, sorry, I cannot refund the room. Again, I repeated that I was not asking for a refund, a breakfast or anything would be fine. She said, no, sorry. My husband and I spend about thirty nights a year in hotels and this is the first time that a hotel has refused to provide any sort of compensation in a situation like this one. I have enjoyed my previous visits to the Sofitel chain but unfortunately, this level of total lack of care for customer satisfaction has really disappointed me. I shared with the manager that she has lost our business. She said, sorry, there is nothing that I can do. Well,when we return to Montreal this summer, there is something that we can do and that is not spend our money at this Sofitel or any other.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank hollisjanine
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Bonjour Hollisjanine,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

We have taken note of your comments in regards of our reservation policy.

We sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on the next visit to Montreal. We value your business and appreciate your comments as it is the best way for us to address any issues, and continue to provide impeccable service.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The service, the food, the facilities and location are great. All at a reasonable price. The view from my junior suite makes me forget I am in a hotel. The restaurant, the Renoir, is very good and offers a good variety. One of the best hotel overall in Montreal

Room Tip: Get a junior suite
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bonjour Tjean34599,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are so lucky to have Chef Olivier Perret as part to the team and are thrilled to read that you enjoyed his menu.

We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile soon.

Salem, MA
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We just spent a few days in Montreal over Christmas. We have been going to Montreal for short get-aways for many years and have stayed at many hotels in downtown and Old Montreal. The Sofitel was the most elegant hotel that I have ever stayed at in that city and had, by far, the best service of just about any hotel in which we have stayed anywhere. From the greeting by the doorman when we arrived, to the desk clerks, to the chambermaids to the barmen, the greetings and genuine concern about our well-being was absolutely outstanding. And, I must mention the Guest Relation Director, Eve, who actually checked us in upon arrival. She was at the front reception when we checked in because a member of her staff was at lunch. She was absolutely gracious on each and every encounter that we had with her all Christmas Day. And, we did encounter her several times during that day and evening, as she was on duty throughout the day and night. (She informed us that, in fact, she was sleeping at the hotel that night as it was part of her shift!!). We ate in the dining room on Christmas night, and she made a point of asking us how we were enjoying the meal. (It was fabulous, by the way.) And, then after dinner we were sitting in the lobby and she made a point of coming over to inquire about our stay. She was just terrific, and I thanked her for her hospitality and her graciousness. But, she obviously set the tone, because every single staff person that we encountered was just as hospitable. The room was great with a nicely appointed bathroom and great shower. The bar area was very comfortable with interesting drinks and food. But, it was the service that made this hotel great. And, the fact that we spoke only a few words of French did not deter the staff from making us feel welcome. I will stay here again on every occasion that I have to be in Montreal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Bonjour Dudleywysong,

Thank you so much for such a Magnifique review. It is great that you enjoyed such a special time with us and we have passed your feedback to Eve.

We hope to welcome you back soon at the Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

California
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the location is terrific, and the staff is extremely nice. Everyone at the front desk was nice, but we spent the most time talking to Camille, and she answered all of our questions and was very friendly. We used the computers in the lobby, and the Internet connection was fast. The bathroom was beautiful, which is why so many travelers have posted bathroom pictures.

Room Tip: The first room we stayed in was beautiful, but then we traveled to Quebec City for a couple of days...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Bonjour EvaDickstein,

Thank you so much for such a Magnifique review. I am pleased that you had a wonderful experience with us and that the team was able to make your stay so comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.