“Top notch location, people and service.”

Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Top notch location, people and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Courteous, professional service and a spotless property with great conference facilities and an outstanding restaurant/bar in the lobby. Located close to McGill on Sherbrooke, just steps from major shops, and a short walk to both old town and saint Laurent/plateau.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Oorko
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Bonjour Oorko,

Stephanie SEGOURA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Sofitel in Montreal. From the moment we crossed the entryway we felt taken care of. Paul, who was working at the front desk, put us in a lovely corner room and sent up a delicious chocolate treat for a birthday celebration. Our room was always taken care of and we appreciated the fresh orchids in the bathroom, Bose stereo, and super comfortable bed and excellent linens. That said, we found the parking fee to be high at $35 plus tax and the $2 fee for local calls a little dear. However those charges can be avoided easily by parking nearby and using one's cellphone. I would stay here again and again and again. Easy to get everywhere by food or metro and so appreciate the kindness and professionalism of the staff.

Room Tip: Get a corner room if possible...Two big windows and a little more space. We didn't have a tub i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsG2U
Bonjour MsG2U,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I travel to Montreal a lot and while I've stayed at Sofitels before (the one on Times Square is wonderful), I've never stayed in the one in Montreal. After spending a very pleasant two days there, this will now be my hotel of choice. Beautiful room, excellent service, a warm (snowstorm on one of my days there, but I didn't mind) and central hub--close to McGill, the Museum of Fine Arts, Peel subway, shopping on Ste Catherine, etc. Room service was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. I was on 14th, and loved the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank raclaw
Bonjour Raclaw,

Thank you for such a Magnifique review. We greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Montreal and Sofitel Golden Mile soon.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I just returned from two nights in Montreal at the Sofitel. I was blown away by the service! When I checked in, the desk clerk ran to push the elevator button for me. She asked if I wanted a newspaper in the morning. I said either the Globe and Mail or National Post would be okay. When I opened my door in the morning, both papers were there for me. At about 11 at night I went to charge my phone and realized I had left my charger at home. A call to the front desk to see if they might have one resulted in a knock on my door two minutes later with a charger and I was told to keep it until I checked out. The room was beautiful and the mattress was great but the pillows were way too soft. Also, the clothes drawers were very small. There was only myself but if my wife had accompanied me there wouldn't have been enough room for all our clothes. Finally, I would have given the hotel a perfect rating except for the water pressure in the shower. It was quite weak and my telling the front desk didn't seem to make a difference the next morning. I will definitely be staying there again on my next trip to Montreal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bonjour SlickToronto,

Thank you for such a Magnifique review.

We have taken note of your comments in regards of the water pressure.At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service for every customer; your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Beautiful design, amazingly comfortable bed, but the very best part is the staff at the Sofitel. They were so kind and helpful, and I'd love to stay here again (if I can afford it!) Highly recommend to anyone going to Montreal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Bonjour world_traveller774,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Was in Montreal recently on a little family weekend. We booked our rooms at the Sofitel online and were very happy. It's a great location in the McGill University area - walking distance to great restaurants and shopping.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Llashem03
SofitelMontreal, General Manager at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Bonjour Llashem03,