“DONT STAY HERE”

Quartier Latin Hotel
Ranked #128 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A/C works 1 HR per day ( rest of time its on a management setting ? )
WI - connectivity is 4 of 10 at best
LINEN - 20 years OLD , BED and mattress might be older
Room - 100 sq FT including bathroom
location - next door to adult entertainment lounge
Which gives you an idea of the neighbourhood and the passers by
Nice and Loud and Noisy until about 3 / 4 AM then it quiets down
IF you book multple nights they take ALL the payment up front - even though you tell them you might not stay all nights and they say the 1st NT is guaranteed ( which is fair ) so I stayed 4 of 6 and told them when I checked in and again the night before I checked out......now its time for the refund - big problem no one can help cant find "boss" get him on phone - booking is NON REFUNDABLE - not true and after a battle I get ONE nt refunded but not the other so on top of being a really crummy hotel - the management are shifty and dishonest........
SO - DONT STAY HERE
I made my booking on bookings.com which I also will NOT do again
if its to good to be true than it IS - and I would avoid booking on line hotels whenever possible
not trust worthy

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Timmy-O63

Reviewed 26 May 2014

quite terrible experience, I spent 3 nights at the hotel. I was beaten by hotel bugs all over my body, stay away from there!!!
when I complained my room got changed but the issue persisted...
although the price is reasonable, above mentioned problem made it extremely unpleasant. my room was also very noisy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank JLN1963
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Keep away! We were 7 girls sleeping in 2 different rooms. 4 of us (not all sleeping in the same room) were bit several times in one night... We cleaned all our stuff and are now hoping we didn't bring those bugs back home... Horrible...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank 0Rousseau
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, mostly just overslept. Room was situated in the 1st floor, there are very steep steps and no lift. Situated to main street, which was sometimes a bit busy during nighttime. Relatively small with comfy beds, not to much storing space, small tv with few channels. Heating is central so you have to call reception if you want to change the temperature. Our room was overheated the first night and really cold the next one :-( Internet connection is very poor, once work next minute not. And the breakfast...you can choose from muffin or croisant and tea or coffee (in small plastic mug) and moreover you get a small orange juice. This cannot be enough for anyone. On the other side the person who served this "breakfast'' was the only person in this building who was smiling and positive. The reception staff was cold and brief, seems we were disturbing him.
On the other side, this hotel is situated very well, close to many bars, clubs, restaurants, metro station... Parking on the street is so expensive but nearby is a public parking garage (5 minutes walking). We spent really nice time in the city centre so we don't care to much on sleeping spot. But I think this "hotel" has to improve so many things, beginning with dealing with their guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hanka_Praha
Reviewed 12 January 2014

t is located only steps away from Berri Uqam metro station, right next to a strip club.
Despite its location that near many bars and restaurant, the room was quiet.
We only stayed from 10 PM to 8 AM.
But during those hours , we observed few things..
1. The room was standard size. Uninspiring decor with dark red maroon carpet , perfect to hide any stains.
2. The wifi, although free (ask for password), going on and off like a bad relationship.
3. It was winter, but the room was hot, not from our bed activities but because they blasted the heater and we couldn't open the window. It was stuck, maybe to prevent people jumping.
4. The toilet paper was so thin that one will waste more TP in order to have clean as*.

Breakfast starts from 8 AM, too bad we didn't try it because we have to rush to the train station. Check out was very quick.

All in all, it is one of the cheapest hotel in downtown Montreal, so we didn't expect much.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WoldyWorld
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If your passing through Montreal and want to save money but be close to the action this is the place to stay. It's not fancy, its just a nice chill hotel at a nice low price! Want to save money, have a nice clean room, with friendly service? Parking? Wifi? Stay here. That's all. You're getting what you pay for and here its pretty good for what you pay! My advice if your partying in Montreal, book two nights so you have one full day to recover after hahaa. And at the price of their rooms, you can!

Room Tip: Once facing the street....Room 401 is very nice cause it's off by its self and can sleep up to 4...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Every night I had to call reception to tell them to turn the air conditioner and they always had excuses why the A/C was off. One of the reasons was due to the A/C is divided for four rooms and when other room asked them to turn it off, they'd turn it off and you're stuck in a hot room. And they have so many different lame excuses for not turning on the A/C.

Customer service is extremely poor. They didn't apologize for the discomfort I mentioned above and even the receptionist called me "buddy" when I complained.

Do yourself a favour, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013