Quartier Latin Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel Visitel(Montreal)
Lelux Hotel(Montreal)
View Hotel
All reviewsst denis streetberri uqam metro stationflat screen tvrestaurants and barswalked everywherevisiting montrealold portplugwashroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2010

This hotel is a great quality for the price. I stayed at this hotel with two friends while visiting Montreal and was very satisfied. You get what you pay for, and at this hotel you certainly do. You can't expect a 5 star hotel at a 1 star price. This hotel was extremely cheap but it was still nice and had a good location. My only disappointment was the internet, it did not always work properly and remain connected. The location is incredible though for people who want to go out and party. The streets are crammed at night with young people having fun and everyone is very friendly in the area. There are many great bars and restuarants on the street, so the location was perfect for us. If you're not coming to Montreal to party, i would not stay at this hotel because the streets get very loud at night and it would be hard to sleep at 12am. Everything else about this hotel was good. The continental breakfast wasn't amazing but it was worth what we paid for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had great ammenities. Overall i liked the hotel and i liked how much of a value it was. Not only would i recommend this hotel, i would definitely stay at it again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jalee2013
Reviewed 27 February 2010

The first thing that you notice when you first walk in through the front door is that this is a very different hotel from the one presented in the photos. The place had a musty smell and they had the thermostat cranked up to the high twenties. The hotel staff are surly and unprofessional, giving the place a real turn-key feel.

Our room was a tiny cramped closet with a double and a twin bed awkwardly positioned due to the ridiculously small room dimensions. Everything from the peeling veneer on the bedhead to the haphazard wall to wall carpeting made me feel reluctant to touch anything.

The bathroom was small and grimy with a sink toilet, bath/shower , and the complementary shampoos come in environment unfriendly paper packets. The shower had no pressure on the hot water setting and came out in a lame dribble. But this all pales in comparison to the fact that the shower curtain was stained with a huge amount of what appeared to be dried blood. I am talking about an amount of blood indicative of someone being seriously injured.

This is not a hotel to bring the family to, it is run-down, dirty, and poorly staffed. Rather, this is a place where you would bring one of the many prostitutes in the area for a quickie.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I find its location quite special while the hotel itself is not too bad. Our room was very well fitted. It had an internet access, a cable TV, an air condition and a telephone. Not too pretty yet clean and tidy. We found it for less than 60 $ in easy click travel and that's why we booked it really, but we were not disappointed, on the contrary, we felt very pleased. It had everything we needed.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2010

My cousin and I were looking for a clean inexpensive place to stay for a weekend shopping trip to Montreal. This one was recommended by the Montreal travel people as one that was clean, cheap and close to shopping. Well... only 1 of those was accurate. It was close to everything downtown but this hotel was the most disgusting dirty place I've ever been. We got there and were given a room on the 4th floor, there are no elevators in this hotel. So we had to trek up to the 4th floor with heavy luggage (girls don't pack lightly!). We asked if they had a busboy that could help us out and were told NO. So we get up to the room and it looks like were in the attick. We find our room... and ohh my was it ever gross. The TV was like 13" and it was sitting on an OLD table. The beds were full of hair from a previous guest. YUKKKK. I asked them to have the sheets changed, so instead of sending a housekeeper, he gives me the new sheets as if it's my job to change the sheets at the hotel... LOL. I change the sheets only to find the new ones are just as hairy. So I call downstairs and the guy tells me they come from a laundering company and that's just how it is. I think that is absolutely digusting. They should change laundering company. I couldn't sleep all night due to the thought of random people's hair on my bed... I tried to pick them off but couldn't get them all. NASTY.

All in all... I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anybody... not even my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Negative: The water leaks from the ceiling when it rains. the walls are thin so you need ear plugs.
Positive: Great locatioin. Easy access to metro station. Wide choice of good restaurants around.

Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo