Check-in was a breeze and there was no wait, although we were the only ones checking in at the time, around 3:15PM on a Thursday. Parking is $25 (all dollar amounts will be in CAD throughout this review) per day for valet parking, but there’s a lot across the street for about $18. Since it was snowing when we arrived, valet it was! A bellman brought the luggage in and then up to our room once we checked in. Nothing special.
The room was on the fourth floor of the middle building. It was a decent size room, with a king size bed, a leather chair, a small round table with 2 chairs, dresser containing the TV, DVD player, electric fireplace (nice ambience), minibar and some drawers. There was a table and chair with a phone, desk lamp (LED) and Ethernet jack for laptop use. I can see what others have said about the dim lighting, but I thought it was Ok. It provided nice atmosphere. The bathroom was nicely appointed with enough towels, soap, shampoo, etc. There was a sink, glass enclosed shower with a rain head in the center, which was pretty clogged so it wasn’t that great, and a toilet. Overall a nice sized bathroom.
The complementary wine & cheese every night was a little above Ok. You got one glass of wine and they had a few cheese’s setup. It wasn’t all that special, but Ok. We had a late dinner in the lounge one night and I thought it was good. I had a burger. The complementary breakfast each morning was Ok also. A typical “cold” breakfast that most lower end hotel chains would serve.
There’s an ATM off one of the lobbies. There are two lobbies and one of them has a pool table and TV. They were quiet and relaxing.
Checkout was a breeze and had no issues. The car was brought around by the time I was finished at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TravelUp, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal