“One of Old Montreal's finest hotels!”

Hotel Place d'Armes
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I often organize corporate events at the Place d'Armes hotel. The staff is charming, the service is impeccable and the food is always of excellent quality. If you plan on staying the night, wake up to a soothing cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the various services the Rainspa has to offer including one of the most impressive hammams in the city. Located in the heart of the old city, you can enjoy all of its surrounding activities, festivities, shops, restaurants and bars. I would recommend this hotel to all traveler visiting our beautiful city. Enjoy your stay! MH - Marketing Director

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank M H
There are newer reviews for Hotel Place d'Armes

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the place d'armes for 3 nights during a little getaway to Montreal.
The service was excellent, rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was excellent.
One thing to watch out for; the in-room hotel guide tells you that there is a complimentary continental breakfast in the suite 701 restaurant, that is apparently not the case any more. We were charged $17/ea. for breakfast, and the lady at the front desk laughed at us when we told her this. I didn't push it after that.
Other than that this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Decided to visit Montreal for the weekend and selected the Place d'Armes for it's location in Montreal's old town; Was so happy I did! The hotel's service was phenomenal from the valet guys all the way to the room service. Even the concierge staff was very friendly and extremely helpful, they helped me plan my days and nights! The room was beautiful, spacious and very clean, the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and I really enjoyed the hotel's close proximity to everything! 5 Stars!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roger T
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A wonderful long midwinter weekend in Old Montreal, The Hotel is well located in the Old section of the city but within walking distance of galleries and midtown shopping. The Hotel is wel equipped with very helpful and friendly staff

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view
Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the time we checked in (earlier than expected and offered a steal of an upgrade to a truly beautiful suite complete with fireplace, surround sound and tons of space), there was no mistaking that we were on holiday and that we had chosen the right place to stay. Finding out we'd pre-booked massages at the spa, the hotel hand-delivered slippers so that we could put on our robes & wander down in comfort .... A very sweet little touch. The hammam at the spa was wonderful & so were the massages. The lobby bar was well-stocked and lively and the location was perfect for the final night of Igloofest 2014. :) Having both an ipod docking station as well as the CD player/receiver meant we could listen to whatever we wanted pre-festivities, and made for a very happy boyfriend. We loved every minute of it and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If offered an upgrade, TAKE IT! We paid only $10 extra and were more than delighted with our room...
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband surprised me with a weekend trip to Old Montreal for my birthday. He had researched different hotels in the area and found this hotel to have some of the best reviews. After spending a couple of days there we know why! Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by a very pleasant gentleman handling the valet parking. He was extremely helpful and we appreciated his enthusiasm, I am sorry I don't remember his name but it was around 2pm on Saturday, January 25th, 2014. We then checked in and headed to our room, WOW! My husband had booked a penthouse suite. It was a very large and beautiful room, decorated in a contemporary fashion, a large living room area, dinning space, big separate bedroom with king bed and wonderful ensuite with a gorgeous jet tub and separate shower with rain head. There are exposed brick walls in the space and high ceilings, lovely. We were given 2 complimentary cocktails so we headed down to the lounge to enjoy them. The lounge is also amazing, big and beautiful and bright, old world charm with contemporary touches, great music playing in the background, great atmosphere, we didn't want to leave! Although we did head back to our room as we had invited friends for a before dinner drink. As we were chatting away there was a knock at the door and we were delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne and some huge strawberry's dipped in chocolate with a note wishing me happy birthday from the hotel! We headed out to Versus for dinner. This is a nice french cuisine restaurant, which definitely serves the french cuisine style course, very small portions. It was great for me but my husband was left a little hungry so if you have a larger appetite consider a snack before hand or maybe ordering an extra appetizer? Our waitress gave outstanding service! The following day we had a continental breakfast included. We thought we may as well take advantage and were pleasantly surprised at the selection of items, the freshness of everything and again, the wonderful ambiance of the lounge restaurant. We enjoyed our room, it was like being at the spa with the jet tub and rain head shower, we were extremely relaxed. We ended the day with a late lunch at the lounge where we enjoyed our favourite meal of all. My husband ordered the beef tartar and it was the BEST by far we have ever tasted! Our server, Pascal, was FANTASTIC! This is one of the best experiences we've had at a hotel, everything from start to finish was amazing and the service is off the hook! Definitely highly recommend!

Room Tip: I think any room would be wonderful but we stayed in building 2, in a penthouse suite which was divi...
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while in Montreal on business. The hotel has several wings, one of which is building one, which has original exposed brick from 1870 in the rooms. I loved it! The fixtures were modern but the rooms retain their vintage feel. The bar on the main floor is swanky and cool. At check-in, my colleagues and i were given a drink coupon and the bartender had a healthy pour. The location is very good; a quick walk to chinatown for an inexpensive lunch. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business