“Great location, Great Service!”

Hotel Place d'Armes
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business but would definitely come back for personal again. The hotel is located right across from Notre Dame and 1 block from beautiful Old Montreal. The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and the beds comfy. My first night I found the room to be warm with little airflow. The next morning I mentioned it to the reception desk as I like my room with cool fresh air. They promised to look into it while I was at work and if I wasn't happy would move me with no concern. I came back that night to a perfect temp room! What I appreciated was the front deck staff who were of great assistance for this along with great recommendations. A fabulous stay all around!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennenz
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Bonjour Jennenz,

We are delighted to hear that you had a fabulous stay all around and that the reception staff was able to keep up with their promise.

Whether it be for business or personal travel, do feel free to contact me when planning your next visit to Montréal and I will gladly assist.

Regards,
Nikolas Salouros

Write a ReviewReviews (2,523)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I go to Montreal pretty regularly, and I love staying in the Old Port. Been trying a few different hotels lately, as I just got sick of the W.

Place D'Armes is elegant and quiet, but more than anything, they're able to walk that really fine line of great service without being intrusive. I didn't have a chance to try the bar/restaurant, but it looked fantastic. The complimentary drink is a nice touch.

It's a gorgeous building, in a perfect location. Really enjoyed my stay -- I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank D T

Bonjour D T,

We’re happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay and that you’ll be back.
You’ve set the bar high for us and we will gladly deliver our best on your next visit.

Do feel free to contact me directly when planning your next Montreal trip.

See you soon,

514.842.1887

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had three rooms at the hotel and were travelling with an extended family group. The service was superb to say the least. The location worked well for both senior citizens and young adults because its proximity to the metro station and its location in old Montreal. Our rooms had hardwood floors, and were exceptionally clean. The buffet breakfast felt authentic, it included standard fare and excellent chocolate and plain croissants. I ordered a cappuccino, which was wonderful, and I was not charged extra. We were also treated to free welcome cocktails in the bar, which was a great way to unwind at the start of our stay. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janet K

Dear Janet K,

We feel privileged to have been part of your excellent Montréal experience.
Next time you need to unwind or simply want to hit the town please feel free to contact me.

Kindly,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Hotel is in an old bank each room very tastefully done. Beds are very comfortable. The staff go above and beyond. Extremely friendly, helpful. Have never seen such attentive staff! The continental breakfast is a great start to the day.

Room Tip: 2nd stay had a great corner room, very bright!
2  Thank Gibler19

Dear gibler9,

Glad you enjoyed the ambiance, the location, the breakfast but above all the staff. Every member of our team is devoted to our guests and comments like yours is what drives us all to surpass ourselves daily.

From all of us, thank you!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We were there in late November 2013 and really enjoyed our stay. It is an old bank renovated in a smaller hotel. The rooms have brick exposed walls,beautiful bathrooms. It is located in the heart of Old Montreal, a hop,a skip and a jump away from the Palais des Congres, Notre-Dame Basilica…
We went back this weekend to enjoy the city while on a business trip.
Like many good hotels, we were given a "welcome drink" voucher to use at the hotel bar the 701.
We were given the menu and told to go sit wherever. We sat there for 15 minutes and nothing. Completely ignored by the staff.
It was a Monday evening around 6:15pm. The bar/restaurant wasn't busy at all.
We decided to leave and told the hostess that we had been there for more than 15 minutes and nobody came to get our order.
She asked if we had a voucher for a free drink. We said yes. She then told us that we could just go to the bar, order our drinks and then take them to our room.
I guess we weren't hip enough for her and the rest of the staff.
We went to the front desk and told them that we had never been treated this way and if this is the way that they "welcome" their guests, they could keep their voucher.
The hotel management called us and apologized. They wanted to send us a free bottle of wine or some dessert.
We are not "professional complainers". We felt a bit insulted by this.
So, this is it for us. No more Hotel Place d"Armes for us.

Room Tip: would be noisy in the front of the hotel, would request a room in the new wing at the back
2  Thank charlotterusse1

Bonjour charlotterusse1,

Clearly we did not live up to the experience you had on your previous stay in November and I’d like to truly apologize for that.

Should you choose to reconsider and give us another try, please contact me directly.

514.842.1887 ext 1158

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I absolutely love this hotel ... it's elegant, wonderfully situated in Old Montreal, with an excellent and attentive staff (at all levels) and the atmosphere is gorgeous. The continental breakfast has a wide range of food options. Excellent Japanese restaurant called Kyo in the hotel as well.

2  Thank Michelle A

Bonjour Michelle A,

We absolutely love your review!

Happy to read that our staff excelled at all levels and that you were able to enjoy both our breakfast at Suite 701 and our izakaya Kyo.

Until next time!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

After winding through the lobby and lavishly decorated sitting, reading, working, and billards rooms that we couldn't wait to come back down and enjoy...we took the elevator to the top floor. We opened the door of our Junior Suite to WOW!! A lavishly decorated sitting area all of our own was awaiting us with a roaring "fire" and relaxing classical music playing. The lighting was dimmed for a special romantic effect. The mini bar was stocked with only top shelf items with full-sized versions available on the actual bar.

The bathroom was a space I envisioned spending a lot of time...and I did. The shower was roughly 4x8 with a drenching 10" waterfall shower head. As we live on a boat (a very nice boat...but a boat nonetheless) I was delighted with the unusually deep two person jacuzzi tub.

Whereas it was too cold to truly enjoy, the large balcony could easily accommodate a small dinner party and the view was lovely.

The mattress on the king-sized bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I've never been in a bed that I truly didn't "feel". My back was thanking me for after four nights of restful sleep and divine comfort.

"Suite 701" Brasserie was enjoyed often for both its traditional French fare and chic relaxing decor.

There was a spa...but with the fire going in my room, relaxing in the jacuzzi tub after a few nights of luxurious rejuvenating sleep...who needed it?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends