“Great hotel”

Hotel Place d'Armes
Ranked #8 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We bought this on hotwire and it was a wonderful experience. After searching the usual suspects, we opted for a 4* star boutique hotel option in the old city. While we did not save much off of rack rate, the experience was great and I would not hesitate to pay full price for this hotel. Why? We felt pampered. There were many little touches, such as an upgrade on the room, cookies with a charming note, drinks on the house, and great dinner suggestions. The room was beautiful and large. The bed was comfortable. The location was perfect. The square was lovely. We could walk easily to the old city or the newer underground shopping area. It was a fun place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShoesNH
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Bonjour ShoesNH,

Thank you so much for your great review. Our main goal at Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites is to ensure our guests have a wonderful experience and I am very happy to read that you felt pampered.

I invite you to contact us directly next time you are planning a Montréal visit and any of our staff member will gladly assist with the accommodations.

Until next time, wishing you a great summer.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Place d'Armes

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and knowledgable as they gave us good recommendations of where to go in the area.

We stayed at in the Junior Suite and the room was fantastic. I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Burtie_Reynolds

Bonjour Burtie_Reynolds,

Thank you very much for your review and making Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites a hotel you recommend. I am delighted to read that our staff was able to advise you with places to discover in Montreal.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The location of this hotel is convenient to old town and to the conference center. Rooms are large, bathrooms come with rain showers (no bathtubs though). House keeping is efficient, basic WiFi is adequate. Services at the rain spa are excellent. The reason I give the hotel 4 stars and not 5 is that it does not wow, which I was expecting with so many positive reviews. The hotel was also noisy during 2 of the 3 mornings I stayed there, with construction crews starting work outside at 6 AM or even earlier. The work continued during the morning hours, and the hotel was surprisingly quiet when I went back at lunchtime. If you read my other reviews you will notice that average noise levels do not bother me, particularly sounds of a city waking up - this was unusually, disturbingly, loud and warrants mentioning.

3  Thank sn1099
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Bonjour sb1099,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your feedback with us.

I am sad to read that we were not able to WOW you and wish to apologize for that as our main priority is to ensure our guests have the best experience possible.

A lot of areas in Montréal are undergoing construction and our surrounding is not exempt unfortunately. We do however plan our room attribution in accordance, trying to keep our guests away from the noise, and also, now have agreements with workers in our area to ensure that the noisy part of the work be done at a more reasonable hour.

I would truly appreciate welcoming you back to Le Place d’Armes Hôtel & Suites and invite you to contact me directly when planning your next Montréal visit.

Warmest regards,

514.842.1887 ext 1158

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The rooms were large and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful. You couldn't ask for a better location in Old Montreal across from The Basilica of Notre Dame and a couple of blocks from the Metro. We were disappointed there wasn't a pool and no bathtubs. We did ask for a wakeup call and no one called. Fortunately, our alarms worked.

1  Thank Joycekk
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Bonjour Joycekk,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience at La Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our prime location.

The hotel being composed of 3 distinct historical building, every room is slightly different. While making arrangements for your next visit, please make sure to mention your request for a bathtub and our team will gladly reserve the appropriate room category.

I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience your missed wakeup call may have caused and will definitely look into it to prevent this type of situation to repeat itself.

Until next time, have a great summer.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great hotel fantastic staff. My wife and I enjoyed every aspect of this hotel, they truly know what great service is! The food in every outlet was delicious. The Rain Spa was also enjoyable and we both had one of the best massages ever. If I could pick one area for change it would be the ability to get ice on my own, which is the only thing I can pick out.
It was Grand Prix weekend so the price was higher than average but that is to be expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott S

Bonjour Scott S,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad to read that you and your wife enjoyed every aspect of Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites as well as the different outlets the hotel has to offer during this incredible Grand Prix weekend.

As our guests are our top priority, in-room ice delivery is one of many ways we found to better the complete Place d’Armes experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Positives
central location
Rooms are very lovely, clean, large
Staff were all lovely and extremely helpful
Food very good
Has fabulous roof terrace bar
Breakfast was excellent
large shower cubicle

Negatives
I had to move rooms as the rooms facing onto the back are noisy as there is a bar opposite open till very early hours of morning. Also i was woken at 7 to very loud music playing in building opposite. - so choose a room facing the front.

Air con is very noisy as it runs. It woke me as it switched on in the middle of the night. Not what I would expect for this category of hotel

Room Tip: Front street facing room is quieter
1  Thank Lord_Blackadder
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Bonjour Lord_Blackadder,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us. We are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve and better ourselves and comments like yours are truly valued.

I do hope you will consider us again for your future travels to Montréal and invite you to contact me directly.

514.842.1887

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We initially were given a large room with exposed brick walls. Very arty but not practical as light from the street through the shutters kept us a wake. We were moved to another suite at the rear 4204 which was superb with a view over a small park. Continental breakfast very adequate. Service everywhere was excellent. We had a late flight and spent much of the last afternoon in a lounge waiting for the time to go to the airport. The staff stored our luggage and twice came to offer tea and other light refreshments - a very welcome gesture.

The location is very good - close to the subway, the cathedral and old Montreal.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WOODATSAX
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Bonjour WOODATSAX,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites and will make sure to share your good words with the entire team.

I am delighted to read that we were able to find a room to your satisfaction and that we excelled in service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.