I took my wife to Montreal to celebrate her 50th birthday and, having looked at a number of the best boutique and luxury hotels in the Old Port and Downtown areas, decided on the Place d'Armes. Once in town, we visited a number of the other hotels we had considered (curiousity) while out walking and came away delighted that we had succeeded in choosing the very best one. In terms of value it was hands down the most for the money. In terms of location (right on the square in front of the cathedral, beautifully poised in the old town but at the edge of downtown and thus not quite on the tourist thoroughfares of the old port which would get tedious) it also seemed absolutely just right. The lobby and public areas are clean and comfortable and the rooms the same. Admittedly we were upgraded to a junior suite (one of the many nods towards my wife's birthday graciously made by the staff) so the room was especially large and very nicely appointed, with a delightfully large bath with large shower and separate whirl pool tub. Champagne and chocolate strawberries were delivered (another birthday treat) and complimentary cocktails in the bar offered. The rooftop terrace was also the nicest of several that we visited in the city. We also had a package through Travelzoo which included the hammam -- our first time in a working hammam and it was great! -- the buffet continental breakfast (fresh fruits, fresh croissants, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee -- ie all you could want and more). The staff were extremely professional and accommodating and made our weekend in Montreal a delight! Our thanks. Our advice to travelers to Montreal, if you want to enjoy the Old Port and all the rest that Montreal has to offer and stay in a luxurious but unpretentious boutique hotel, Place d'Armes is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Place d'Armes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal