We picked this hotel specifically for its location near to the Old Town. On arrival we were not disappointed as it was situated on a lovely historic square opposite a beautiful old church.
The hotel is three buildings cleverly converted, but I unfortunately cannot remember which number part we stayed in. The communal areas were chic, clean and included great extras such as leather couches and a pool table. Every day wine and cheese is served, for which you receive a token. We were never around at the right time but they always let us have our wine later on return, although it wasn't exactly the best!
The staff were helpful, and the breakfast in particular was very good. They put out a great spread of high quality items to choose from, and we found it a great way to start the day's sightseeing.
We had a suite as this was all that was available. The room was fantastic, well appointed and cleverly decorated in a modern but warm style. The bathroom was large and clean, but the water pressure was not really up to the rainforest shower head and the jacuzzi tub sounded like a rocket taking off. They looked great but were really no more than gimmicks. However the shower was huge and there was a normal shower head to use, and the bath made for a relaxing soak with the bubbles off. We really enjoyed the seating area. One drawback was that the room was a little dark as the windows are near to another building. There was enough lighting to deal with this though.
On leaving we declared all our mini bar items so I was pretty annoyed to find a charge on our card when we got home. However when I raised this by email with the manager it was refunded immediately. This is my only reason for a one rather than five star. Although a little disapointed by this behaviour, I am impressed with how they handled the situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal