We enjoyed a 2-day stay at Place D'Armes before boarding Holland America's Maasdam for a 7-day cruise from Montreal to Boston. The hotel's location is a short walk to Notre Dame Basilica; we could and did walk to all sites of interest in Old Montreal. We also took a 3-hour Gray Line tour to see places of interest in other parts of the city.
Our room was spacious with fine old-world touches. All staff were personable and helpful. There were computers for guest use, without charge. A nice plus was an included breakfast with good choices to start our days.
In the photo of the hotel exterior, notice the red umbrellas on the top floor. This was a restaurant/bar with marvelous views, open from noon into the evening -- another nice plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Place d'Armes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal