This is a boutique hotel located at Le Place D'Armes which is in Old Montreal. It is located approximately one block from a Metro station and about one block from the Notre Dame Basilica. If you head north a few blocks, you're in the heart of Old Montreal where many shops and restaurants are located. A few blocks from the Metro station is Chinatown where you can find inexpensive and quick eats.
Because Montreal has such a wonderful Metro system, staying close to one is a convenient starting point to other areas of the city.
This a modern, attractive, hotel in a historic building. There are plenty of staff at the lobby available to efficiently and kindly get you checked in and are comfortable speaking English with you if necessary. There is a very bustling, trendy bar on the first floor. Although we stayed on the second floor, it was surprisingly not so bad. I did hear some faint beating music but definitely not loud enough prevent a good night's rest.
The room was a standard room with a king sized bed. The ceiling was high and flooring was dark wood. The room was clean and the bathroom roomy. The only complaint I would have would be that the cleaning staff were quite late. Once we got back at 5pm and our room still hadn't been made yet.
adequate/no frills spa
has a steam room
2 bathrooms with a very small shower and no hairdryer.
Masseuse Genieve very friendly and did a great job.
I definitely would recommend this hotel. For $150 cad/night, it was a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Place d'Armes features 80 rooms and 53 suites, including six studios with private terrace and five large penthouses where the decor blends contemporary design with ancient architecture. The three historic buildings housing Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites all date back to the late 19th century. These regal structures were originally home to some of the pre-eminent businesses of the time, and their architecture recalls an era devoted to unmatched craftsmanship and detail. Hotel Features: - 6 meeting rooms and a modular ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 people, with natural light, stone or brick walls and equipped with comfortable furniture - 2 restaurants and a spa - Rooftop Terrace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Place d'Armes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel And Suites
- Le Place d`Armes Hotel Montreal
- Le Place d Armes Montreal