“Beautiful and Relaxing!”

Ranked #6 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal
“Beautiful and Relaxing!”
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I had an excellent getaway at this quaint hotel in Old Montreal. The welcome was warm and I was nicely surprised with a room upgrade to a beautiful room. This hotel is perfect if you would like to enjoy a quiet getaway in Montreal, and is ideal for a stay in the Vieux Montreal.

Rain Spa, which is at the hotel is ideal if you're staying the night. It has so many treatments to offer but I'd definitely recommend booking this in advance. If I had more $$ to spend on a relaxing break in the city, I'd definitely stay here. This is a warm and inspiring place to delve into your creative thoughts!

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
MathieuLarochelle, General Manager at Hotel Place d'Armes, responded to this review, 27 December 2010
Dear guest,

We're so glad to hear your experience with us was such a relaxing one. I thank you for your review and I'll make sure to share it with our team. We hope you will be back to visit us soon. Thank You,

Mathieu Larochelle, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
Rouses Point, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We did a spur of the moment road trip in October and found ourselves north of the border in Montreal. We stayed at Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites on the recommendation of my sister and her husband.

We were thrilled to have stayed there. The place left me breathless. It was exquisite. Just amazing.It's funny but even the bathroom was breathtaking. Just beautiful all around and the service from the Hotel staff was top notch. It's one of those Hotels that you hate to leave.
Montreal is the best.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for the great review! We have the best people to provide amazing service in the heart of Montreal! I'm glad to hear that Montreal and the Place D'Armes is your home away from home!

Mathhieu Larochelle, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Beautiful hotel, very clean and outstanding service. Stayed in an upgraded suite, fantastic decor, furnishings and views. Must check-out the in-hotel Spa, ask for Genevieve. Will visit again for sure! PMB from Toronto.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Stayed at the Place d'Armes for one night. We were given a room on the 3rd floor of the Alexander Cross building with 20 feet high ceiling, floor to ceiling windows, confortable king bed and huuuge bathroom with rainshower.

Check-in was a breeze and the complementary drinks included a nice selection of wines - about 10 bottles to choose from.

Contrary to what others have said, we found the hotel very quiet even though there was a wedding party taking place.

Breakfast was good with nice selection of pastries, pâtés and fruits.

On the negative side, we would have appreciated to be offered French baguettes at breakfast but there was none. Also, too bad espresso and café au lait were not included in the breakfast. Finally, valet parking is 25$ per night. Not outrageous but I don't understand why they ask clients staying at the hotel to pay for parking.

All in all, a great stay at a great price. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pacifici
south glens falls
Reviewed 30 November 2010

This was my third time at the hotel, first with my young daughter. The staff remembered me, treated us like royalty, and it could not have been more perfect. I ususally go with my boyfriend, for a romantic getaway but the hotel is located in such a perfect spot, and the staff has always been so lovely, that when I wanted to take my daughter to Monteral, I wouldn't go anywhere else. The hotel has a spa, and she got her first experince there, also fantastic. The staff helped her practice french, they treated her like the young adult she thinks she is... (11) It is not easy traveling alone, and I felt safe and my needs were met whenever I called to the front desk (and she did too!). I have never been to a hotel where every single staff member is kind and helpful. The rooms are fabulous, luxurious but sleek at the same time. This one felt like we were in an old flat with high brick walls, The bathrooms are awesome with jet tubs and rain showers. You actually want to hang out in your room. I have never rated a hotel on a website either. So, there you have it. Go to this hotel. It's the only place I will stay at in Old Montreal.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cocoamigo
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This is not a large hotel like the chain hotels in most large cities. It is located in the midst of the old town and you can walk to Chinatown and the river very easily. Metro and bus service is also located close by.
The hotel staff welcomed us as soon as we entered the lobby. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful with local information. Our room was quiet and elegantly appointed. Taking a shower in the rain shower was heavenly. Breakfast was included in our package and served in the bar/lounge of the hotel. Overall this hotel is one of the most pleasant experiences I have had in recent travels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Loved this hotel...went to Montreal for business and brought the kids. The suite was incredibly roomy for all of us and was very clean. The staff is incredibly friendly and were instrumental in retrieving my camera that I left in a taxi that took us back to the airport. Thank you! In Old Montreal right by the Cathedral the hotel is walking distance to the main square and a tonne of awesome restaurants in the Old Port. The lobby restaurant/bar is terrific....the free continental breakfast in the morning is perfect! You will LOVE it here!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business