“Huge suite, convenient location”

Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here with our 2 kids (3 and 6) and we loved it! The suite was humongous with a full kitchen and plenty of room for the kids to spread out. The staff was very friendly and the location was good - walking distance (about 10-15 mins) to Vieux Montreal and 2 mins to various metro stops.
The pool was nice but it is more of a lap pool. The rooftop balcony was nice as well - too bad we had rain most of the time!
They had a lot of things for breakfast but it is all carbs. If you are on a low-carb or GF diet, keep this in mind. They had pretty good Montreal style bagels. Overall it was a great place for the price! Definitely recommended for a family or group.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DebO76

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My husband,teenagers and I stayed at the suites for two nights. We had begun or vacation in another part of canada but our visit to Montreal was the highlight of our trip. The staff at the hotel were outstanding I can't say enough good things the concierge attended to our every need and their food & tourist suggestions were awesome. We will be returning again and will only stay here. Great rooms also

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sonia M
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in August 2014. The hotel is located just two blocks from the metro and a half block from a bus stop. We stayed on the tenth floor. It was very quiet, even with construction going on across the street. We had a suite. It was fully equipped with dishes and cooking utensils. The bath tub was a little awkward. It was a high step up to get in.

The concierge was very helpful and welcoming when we arrived.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alicia4134
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went to Montreal for the Jazz Festival and this hotel was about 10 minutes away (walking). Staff was courteous and rooms were clean. Recommendation were made for places to eat and we were very close to everything. We would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located, with the airport bus and metro a short walk away. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the full kitchen handy. The included breakfast is basic, but decent. Italian restaurant on the first floor is fantastic; ate there with friends one night and had them deliver to my room another night - both meals were excellent. Some rooms are more updated than others, so ask for a renovated room (though mine was not, and was fine, too).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Traveled in June of 2014. Front desk and concierge are VERY helpful and informative. For whatever reason, they upgraded us to a family suite which was huge! We were very comfortable. Nice pool and roof deck which we used every night. Nice ambiance. Very convenient to the underground mall and subway. We walked to Old Montreal a few times from the hotel also - It is a few blocks away but is better than trying to find a place to park. Close to great restaurants. One word of caution though when traveling to Montreal - don't go during a national holiday. We arrived on St. Jean Baptiste Day and the place was deserted. Everything closes on the National Holidays - even many restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brittaboo
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When I first came down to the hotel on my birthday in august with my family from the airport the hotel staff were very helpful. They took our bags Into a storage area because our room wasn't ready since we had an early flight without any difficulties. The staff were very professional considering how grumpy I was from an early flight making things run smoothly. They also new where I could get crepe breakfast nearby. We used the hotel staff countless times for directions and locations and they knew the city inside and out. If we needed something they went out of their ways to make it happen best customer service I have received at a hotel. Also free wifi.

The rooms were spacious, clean, had my own room separate of my parents and the tub and showers were so nice. The bed was perfect since it was firm and not to soft. The shampoo did wonders for my hair loved it! Our coffee machine was broken when we tried it and they gave us a new one ASAP within 5 mins of telling them super fast. The gym equiptment was nice and we utalized the laundry room. Will definitely be coming back. Also the rooftop was gorgeous at nighttime and the restraint zia felt like home to my dad from Italy. Very good food feel free to drop In the chefs are really friendly and the food again tasted amazing.
Cost wise it was way less than staying in a hotel downtown toronto as well as the parking only 22 a day( I'm toronto it was 40) so I am not complaining 22 dollars is a steal compared to parking prices.
Breakfast for me was good, but go early to avoid the rush, a good variety but I loved the coffee was so good!

Room Tip: Book early rooms fill up fast.