“Will recommend to all of my friends and family”

Le Square Phillips Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 16 December 2004

We take multiple trips to Montreal each year and have been looking for a great place to stay. Le Square Phillips is in a great location, has a great staff, and wonderful accomodations. Instead of being cramped in a tiny room, Le Square offered high ceiling beautiful rooms with a dining area and kitchenette. The continental breakfast was chaotic and just okay, but the rest of the hotel makes up for it ten-fold. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone I know!!!

2  Thank Gottalovetravel

Reviewed 3 November 2004

Stayed for 3 nights in a 2BR suite which we shared with friends. Huge, and beautiful room, 10-11' ceilings, plenty of large windows, nice architectural details, 3 zoned temperature controls. We had 2 adults and 4 kids and there was plenty of room and sleeping areas.

Nice sitting area, nice kitchen with stove/oven/microwave/dishwasher and pretty much anything you would need to prepare meals in room, large attractive dining area as well.

Staff was excellent with maps, directions etc. We valet parked, and each time we left the hotel, the car was ready by the time we hit the lobby. Extra pillows were delivered within 5 mins of the request. Early check-in was allowed.

Breakfast was extraordinary given it is complimentary. Choices of cereals, breads,bagels, croisants, juices, fruit, coffee, tea in a very nice dining area. Walking distance to many area attractions, and only a few blocks from the McGill Metro station.

on-site laundry facilities (although without a soap/softener vending that I could see), nice work out area, beautiful roof top outdoor lounging area. The only complaint I would have at all is that the roof top pool was a bit small as well as too deep (4-4.5ft throughout) for small children without floatation aides (which I forgot to bring for mine).

4  Thank Margaretc123
Reviewed 2 November 2004

We loved our large two-bedroom suite at the Phillips Square: clean, new, 2 TVs, great kitchenette. We were adults who wanted to sleep separately, and thanks to separate bedrooms (with doors) and the sheer size of the suite, we had lots of privacy.

Best of all was the location. We were about 30 seconds away from the shops on Ste. Catherine Street and McGill subway station, less than a 10-minute walk from Notre Dame Basilica and Old Montreal, and in about a half-hour we walked to Schwartz's on the "Main" for smoked meat. There was a great shop downstairs for groceries. I recommend the Phillips Square and will certainly go on my next trip to Montreal. I can't imagine staying in the suburbs ever again.

5  Thank LakeHuronfan
A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 26 October 2004

I got the recommendation from Trip Advisor and while I was not the cheapest place in Montreal it is one of the best at any price. For about $100 per night we got unbelievable service and a huge room. They do charge for parking but there is a place next door that is a little cheaper. Just remember that you have to pay each time you come and go from the parking lot I think. At the hotel it is also valet parking from the front door. The location is also superb if you want to be near downtown and lots of restaurants. Overall just an incredible place and breakfast is included.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2004

We just returned from a week at the Le Square Phillips Hotel Suites. It was fantastic...spacious and immaculate rooms, delicious breakfasts, courteous/friendly/cheerful/helpful staff, perfect sightseeing location, exceptionally quiet room, very clean and convienient laundry facicities. The enclosed roof top poolwas gorgeous...especially at dusk when the city lights came on. It was a superb experience. This is a lovely hotel with very wonderful staff. I am smiling as I write this and think back on our time there.

3  Thank Kakesie
A TripAdvisor Member
Oostburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 October 2004

My husband and I stayed here on a recent vacation and 1st trip to Montreal. We could not have been more satisfied. The location is ideal - 1/2 block from St. Catherines - the major downtown shopping street, the subway and underground city. We were able to walk to the Latin district, Chinatown and Old Town. The rooms are large, clean, and stylish. The rooftop pool/fitness room/outdoor deck was very nice. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will definitely stay here again if we return.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 September 2004

My boyfriend and I just returned from a two night stay at Le Square Phillips (Sept. 24-26). It was an excellent stay. The hotel was beautiful and the price was really great(especially compared to other hotels in the area). I booked the hotel based on the reviews on this site and the fact that it was so affordable. I only wish we were there for a longer period of time! The hotel would be great for extended stays. The room was huge and very clean. The staff was very friendly and told us to ask them if we had any questions at all about Montreal (it was our first time there). There was also plenty of information in the lobby for tourists to flip through. The breakfast was good and there was lots to choose from. The location was perfect. We walked everywhere we wanted to go (or took the Metro, which is also close by). I'm sure everything I've mentioned here has already been mentioned by others, but I really did love this hotel. I recommend it to anyone and will be staying there again if we return to Montreal in the future.

4  Thank ShempDeeLa