“Ordinary”
Review of Romeo

Romeo
Reserve with OpenTable
Romeo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,087 of 6,216 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I must say, I don't like to write negative reviews. But I went there for dinner and it was disappointed. Food-wise I had the beef bavette and the meat wasn't tender at all. Not very tasteful. Bad evening for the guys in the kitchen. Apparently the pizza is the go-to meal. And my dirty martini was terrible. A lot of room for improvement regarding cocktails. I have to say though, the waitress was very good. They had an issue with their computer so invoice had to be done handwritten. Nevertheless, she was efficient and very friendly. All good with the service.

François S, Directeur général at Romeo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

Dear Alex,
We are sorry you had a bad experience and we hope you'll give us another chance.
Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Altogether - this was a very very nice place for a pre-theatre dinner. My friend and I shared their Carnivore Pizza - for $16 it wasn't huge - but it was enough for 2 little old ladies. A bit on the spicy side (that's what lovely spicy italian sausage will get you) - and quite filling. The $5 wine by the glass - sold from 5 to 7 PM - were nice pours, and pleasant wine. So - Dinner for 2 for $26. Not bad. I didn't think my husband's rice balls were nearly as yummy as our pizza I must admit, and I did find the restaurant, while not very busy - quite noisy. But the service was great, the pizza yummy - and we were quite pleased over all.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

My husband and I are from Key West, FL. There are a lot of things you can find in Key West but Chicago style, deep dish pizza isn't one of them. So, while we were in Montreal, we thought we'd try to find one.

We googled 'chicago deep dish pizza Montreal' and found a link for "Best Chicago deep dish pizza in Montreal". Pizzeria Romeo came in 3rd and was closer than the other two so we chose that.

They don't offer a deep dish pizza. Bummer. But, what they did offer was delicious and satisfied our craving. We got the carnivora without bacon and added mushroom. It was so good we seriously considered ordering a second one!

The prices were reasonable. They have $5 beer and wine during happy hour. Happy hour goes until 7:00pm so we were also able to enjoy a couple of rounds.

1  Thank McMermaid
François S, Directeur général at Romeo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Thank you for this great review.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

We ordered drinks advertised on the sidewalk for $5.00 beers and wine @ 6:50 pm. We were told they couldn't sell only drinks that we had to order food too. We did. When the bill came they charged us full price for the beer and wine because the drinks weren't input into the computer until 7:05 pm. Server refused to fix their error. Classic bait and switch. Final bill was over $113.00 but they wouldn't correct a $10.00 overcharge. Don't trust this place to charge the correct amount.

1  Thank GoPlaces580873
François S, Directeur général at Romeo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Really sorry for you bad experience. Looking forward to correct the situation with you. You can email me at info@pizzeriaromeo.com

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Ate here twice on a recent trip to Montreal. Open late for dinner and has large windows which open for almost al fresco dining in good weather. Vegetarian pizza was excellent. Worth a visit if you are in the area. Service was very good.

1  Thank Bruce B