“Cafe of poor quality”
Review of Romeo

Romeo
Reserve with OpenTable
Romeo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,161 of 6,249 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed 19 August 2017

When I saw the reviews of Romeo, I was surprised that this place has so many positive comments, cause I had really awful experience with it. I came to this "restaurant" with my mother, and ordered the lasagna, while my mother took lamb. When we first tried our dishes, we were shocked: lasagna almost lacked of ingredients and was quite solid, while the meat...well...consisted exclusively from the fat! Is it an authentic Italian food? Absolutely not! We went almost hungry, paying for this "wonderful" dinner CAN$50! Fortunately, our waiter was very pleasant. He was the only one factor, who made our dinner not absolutely terrible.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I am not sure why anyone who thinks that they would like to call their restaurant an Italian Restaurant should be allowed to. Actually, in order to cook Italian food, one must have already eaten Italian food. I am positive that this is definitely the case with Romeo.
The atmosphere is great for a few drinks and they could possible get away with serving finger food or American bar food, but please do NOT advertise as being an Italian restaurant. The menu looked like it served Italian good but this was the furthest I have ever eaten being labelled Italian food!
The pizza was bland with rancid tomato sauce on a limp crust; the antipasto platter had pita bread, raw vegetables picketed in vinegar, smoked fish and pepperoni sticks cut in pieces; the lamb chops were non recognizable and the salmon plate was absolutely awful. Truly sad really! On the other hand the beer was good.

François S, Directeur général at Romeo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

We are sorry you didn't liked your experience at Romeo. We are taking your comments really seriously and it will help us to get better.
We hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Found this wonderful restaurant while visiting Montreal. Close to tourist attraction, good food and good service. Warm and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Food was very good -- we ordered 2 pizzas for 4 of us (we were not starving, so this was sufficient). We ordered the Summer and the Carnivore -- delicious. Wine was also quite delicious, albeit a bit pricey. Our server was friendly -- he did a nice job -- even suggested other places/sites to check out. We sat outside -- weather was perfect and gave us a nice feel for the city.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Since people expect different things from a restaurant, I’m usually not surprised that my opinion may differ from others. Occasionally, though, I go to a restaurant and am completely baffled by other perspectives. We hesitated going to Pizzeria Romeo based on some negative reviews; but having eaten there, I find those reviews factually wrong. This is a comfortable restaurant (except for the ill-behaved children whose parents should have to take child-rearing lessons) with excellent food, a solid wine list, and friendly service. We began with a first-rate carpaccio that was everything one wants in an appetizer. We then shared two pizzas: the creative flamande with a cream sauce, pancetta, leeks, and mozzarella; and the delicious prosciutto with a tomato sauce, rocket, and parmesan. Both were incredibly good and satisfying. We had read that the pizzas were too small; as we ended with nearly half of each pizza to take home, I can only assume that such reviews were written by gluttons. Jessica was a perfect server, warm and attentive, charmingly bilingual, and spot-on in her recommendations. I think Pizzeria Romeo has the best pizza in Montreal. It also does take-away.

1  Thank BartenderMichael