“Fantastic stay at the Gault!”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #2 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Greer, SC
“Fantastic stay at the Gault!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We recently stayed at the Hotel Gault in Montreal for 4 nights and our experience there was fantastic. The room was modern and spacious and the use of an iPad during our stay and an iPhone docking station in the room were very nice bonuses. The employees at the Gault were very pleasant and most helpful in giving directions and making suggestions for restaurants in the area. We liked that the location of the Gault is near the center of Old Town Montreal but yet it was on a quiet street which made us feel like we were coming home each night. We would definitely stay at Hotel Gault again the next time we visit Montreal.

2 Thank BijouxGirl
HotelGault, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments!
It will be a real pleasure to share them with the entire team!

We look forward to your next visit at the Gault, your "home" in Montréal!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gibsons
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I only stayed here for 2 nights but from the moment I arrived I felt like I was living here instead of staying here. The front desk treated me like I was returning home even though I had never stayed here before. I loved the open concept of the room. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I could truly live in this hotel for months and be quite happy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gibsonsmolly
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments!

The entire team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the front desk service and the famous comfort of our Flou bed!

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and it was beautiful. The hotel is modern and clean inside of a beautifully classic building in old Montreal. The service was amazing and we felt very welcome staying there. The only downside was that it was a bit pricey for us. They gave us a dessert plate in the first day that we thought was complimentary, but we were surprised when we were charged for it.

• Stayed August 2011
New York
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have been meaning to write this review since my husband and I returned from our 3 night stay in July. I picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor, and you can add us to the chorus of highly satisfied guests! We are very fussy about hotels and few meet our admittedly sometimes unrealistic expectations. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. If you even opened a map while standing in the lobby, someone would ask if they could be of assistance. The people working at the hotel genuinely seem to enjoy their work, and it was a pleasure to return there at the end of a long day of sightseeing! The rooms are huge and immaculate. As many have said, they are very modern in furnishing, so don't be surprised by the loft-like feeling. We loved the room so much we wished our apartment looked like our room! Also, the food (breakfast and lunch) was delicious and not at all overpriced, unlike many hotels. Location can't be beat -- close to everything but still out of the main tourist strip. We loved Hotel Gault and can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jfried01Nyc
OlivierBottois, Asset Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Gault! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!!! A bientot!
Toronto
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed for three nights at the Hotel Gault, checking in on a Thursday night and out on Sunday. It it is, by far, a hotel that I found to be charming, cozy, sophisticated and sexy, all at the same time.

I was booked to stay at a large chain hotel the morning I departed for Montreal. But, after a quick call to the front desk of the Gault, I learned that I could stay at the Gault, with two hot breakfasts included in the nightly rate, for less than what I would have paid at the generic chain hotel.

Though the rack rates at the hotel are not inexpensive, the pre-paid rates are considerably discounted. I got a very generously sized, well appointed room, with a king size bed and standalone shower for a very reasonable nightly rate. Because I booked the morning before I departed for Montreal, I was comfortable pre paying (the pre-paid bookings can not be cancelled). And for $10 more, my companion and I we able to each have a hot breakfast of eggs cooked to specification, toast, bacon, coffee, orange juice (freshly squeezed, no less) and a choice of fresh fruit, or cereal, or yogurt. It really was a lovely breakfast, served in the the dining area off the lobby, next to tall windows overlooking the streets of old Montreal. The service was excellent and the breakfast was a a great value for $10 for two people.

The room itself was large, modern in style, very clean and well appointed. I had a Loft Deluxe. It had polished concrete floors, very high ceilings, gorgeous tall bright windows that opened to Juliet balconies, an area rug under the bed, and ipod/ipad dock, flat screen TV with DVD and cable television, lounge chairs and a coffee table, a comfy kind size bed behind which was a gauzy curtain separating the bathroom from the bedroom.

Modern in style, the bathroom sink and closet area were open to the room (in the area behind the gauzy curtain), while a water closet and shower are located behind doors. And there was ample closet space. Towels and bathrobes are plush. All in all, it was a lovely room. I could have spent way more than just three days there.

The lobby features modern, but comfortable furnishings and high ceilings. It has a very fresh and airy feel to it, in an understanted luxury kind of way. The lobby isn't much of a scene like you might find at other hotels, which is a good thing in my opinion. It was nice to come in from a day of sightseeing, or dinner, or shopping to the serene calm of the lobby, where you could unwind with a drink in the lobby. The staff would go so far as to inquire about your dinner/day/tour, etc, and gently invite you to enjoy a cocktail at the bar (or even have them sent to your room).

The staff at the hotel are very professioinal, attentive, service-minded, charming, friendly and helpful. Restaurant and bar recommendations were excellent. I needed to store my luggage for the day after I checked out on Sunday, and they were more than helpful...even when I had to go back to retreive a few things I needed for my day in Montreal. On my return, the bags were promptly loaded to a taxi for my trip to the train station.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, in Old Montreal. Cobblestone streets, elaborately ornate buildings, charming streets radiate every direction from the hotel. The hotel is a short walk to the Old Port, a short walk to the more bustling areas of Old Montreal, a short walk to shops and bars and restaurants (ask about Boris Brasserie, around the corner and it's c-h-a-r-m-i-n-g open-air courtyard dining area). The Metro is nearby. Cabs are plentiful down the street on McGill Street. Notre Dame Cathedral is a five minute walk away. And you're a 10-15 minute cab ride to the train station, bus station, shopping on Sherbrooke and St Catherine streets, the gay village, the Museum of Fine Art and retaurants on a street whose name escapes me at the moment, among other attractions. Additional note: the hotel is gay friendly.

I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to go back. In fact, I'm already thinking about my next trip.

Room Tip: Ask about the pre paid rates. The rates might be so good that you end up moving up a class of room.