Hotel Gault
  • Pool
Hotel Bonaparte(Montreal)
W Montreal(Montreal)
1,427 results
All reviewsjonathan leclercold montrealheated floorsloft roommodern designquiet streetturn down servicedvd playergreat boutiqueupgraded to a suitebottled waterbeautiful hotellarge windowsbeautiful roomhigh ceilingssmall hotellong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I will start by saying that this was my first visit to Montreal, so I can't say that I have first hand experience with any of the comparable properties in the area. After staying at Hotel Gault, however, I will never stay anywhere else (why risk it?).

Location - the hotel is close to basically everything. We spent most of our three days exploring the city on foot, and were within easy walking distance to all of Old Montreal, the Museum of Science, several art museums, the Bell Center, Notre Dame Basilica, and the list goes on. If you care to venture further, the Concierge will explain the bicycle system - which seemed to be extremely user friendly.

Property - my fiance and I LOVED the rooms. From the modern furniture and bathroom, to the poured concrete floors and incredibly comfortable bedding, Hotel Gault has a unique yet luxurious feel. For those who are used to staying at upscale properties (think Four Seasons), the accomodations here are a bit more minimalist...but for those of you who appreciate the beauty and character of exposed brick, this is totally the place for you!

Service - I can not say enough about the fantastic people at Hotel Gault, so I will keep it brief. The staff here will graciously exceed every expectation. Period.

My fiance and I stayed here for three nights, and are already looking forward to our return trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

After months of nonstop work and overtime, my cousin was going to stay at the Hotel Gault for a well-deserved vacation. I called the Hotel from the U.S. to arrange some surprises/gifts to greet her when she arrived. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly each time I called (especially Luiza, Melissa, and Andre), and very cordial and thorough when we corresponded over e-mail. They helped me organize, plan, and execute everything I wanted to do and more.

My cousin called me after she arrived at the hotel, absolutely gushing about the fantastic treatment and hospitality she had received from the staff. She told me all about how they had presented her with the spa gift they helped me secure (she was met with kind, thoughtful words and presented the gift card with a ribbon on it, in a wooden box, by the concierge wearing white gloves, and champagne--AMAZING!) Without my asking specifically for this intricate and lovely presentation, the Hotel Gault staff far exceeded my expectations, and helped make this a truly special and memorable stay for her.

She had a truly lovely stay, and I am so thankful to the hotel staff. I cannot wait to stay there myself!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MNg11
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The rooms are huge and absolutely beautifully furnished and decorated - fans of classic modern design will adore the well chosen pieces, and rooms have a 1960s 'Mad Men' feel.

The staff are excellent - friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We were particularly impressed by the concierge, Andre, whose restaurant recommendations were consistently wonderful - we ate so well throughout our trip!

Finally, we loved the location in Vieux Montreal. There are some great shops, cafes, restaurants and bars just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is close and yet feels like a tranquil haven.

We also felt the hotel was good value for the standard of accommodation and hospitality that we received.

Highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jesscalondon
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Gault!
We are pleased to hear that our staff have been a part of provinding you such a great experience!
It is very nice of you to recommend the hotel, looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Montreal!
Best regards!

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I'll keep this short. Hotel Gault is a wonderful hotel. Calm, serene, romantic, impeccable service and and very palpable feeling that you are truly a guest. Can't fault a thing. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William N
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I love Hotel Gault. The boutique hotel, a renovated 19th-century textile building, is located in the historic neighborhood of Vieux Montreal. Its commanding stone edifice exudes old world ambiance and charm. One of the wonderful aspects of the hotel is its ability to mix old-world comfort and modernist design. (The photograph of M.I.A. in the elevator is a puckish touch.) With its Eames chairs, natural light, and cool aesthetics, the hotel’s lobby is an ideal place to enjoy a café or cocktail.

Speaking of style, our suite resembled something from a high-end design magazine. Though Spartan, the room is comfortable, if not downright cozy. Creature comforts include queen size beds, down duvets, and plush robes and slippers. The plasma-screen TV looks perfect.

The staff is professional, courteous, and helpful. To help us celebrate our recent nuptials, Andre, the hotel manager, sent us a complimentarily bottle of champagne to our suite. If that was not enough, the concierge reserved a table for us at Le Chien Fumant. (The dinner was wonderful.)

If you come to Montreal, stay at Hotel Gault. You will not be disappointed.

— Brendan and Marie

Room Tip: Room 340 has a wonderful terrace, which boasts fresh flowers and quaint aerial view of the city streets.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Brendan & Marie,
It is a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Gault as well as the decor and the ambiance! Be assured that I will tell Andre and the team about your fantastic comment on the service!
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Best regards,